What about this Windows Forum category?

Should it be under Dedicated Servers or Web Hosting?

If it gets busy, it won't matter. Because then we'd move it up under Main Forums.

What say you?
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I would say the majority of Windows hosting is done in the Dedicated Server arena not webhosting. So 1 vote for Dedicated
    My IP >> 127.0.0.1 Hack Away!!

To be honest it should be under both, so i say dedicated and web hosting.

The Windows hosting market will be rapidly increasing in the months/years to come... Take my word

schism already !

location matters less to me than subject.

is this forum for all windows topics? I was gonna ask about windows VPS'es. and someone else might have a XP question.

let's make it for ALL windows topics.

Nice to have a Windows forum here. I'll be spending most of my time from now on!

Anyway, I have a topic over the main Dedicated Server forum which I think would suit better here in this forum, it'll be great if a mod can move it here.

Quote Originally Posted by snecx
    Nice to have a Windows forum here. I'll be spending most of my time from now on!

Anyway, I have a topic over the main Dedicated Server forum which I think would suit better here in this forum, it'll be great if a mod can move it here.
    If you see any threads that would be better suited here, just use the Report button and I'm bettin' a mod will move it.

It should be under all three subjects if you ask me.... Dedicated, resellers, and webhosting. The rest we can "mix and match".

P.S. I don't mind starting with the dedicated...
    if the HOSTS are not responsive to it then why would the resellers and the clients be right? <--- I smell some fire coming from that statement!

But it's true.
    Host, YES!
    Reselling? Partner for profit instead!

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    If you see any threads that would be better suited here, just use the Report button and I'm bettin' a mod will move it.
    Thanks!

I still think it belongs in the Web hosting section, since it tends to be the busiest.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    Should it be under Dedicated Servers or Web Hosting?

If it gets busy, it won't matter. Because then we'd move it up under Main Forums.

What say you?
    Eh...this will now become redundant.

How do you differentiate between "Dedicated Servers" and "Windows"?

Then are you gonna make one for MAC OS X too? and BSD's?

If you guys really want windows specific forum, it should be under shared, vps and everything else like someone mentioned above. The least we can do is be consistent.

Nothing against windows, but it is better to just have just one place.
    Email: info ///at/// honelive.com

Web hosting section

I'd have to agree here, there has been a lot of posts lately in the shared and reseller forums asking for Windows hosting (at least 4 - 5 every day in the shared alone). It would be nice to have them organized, because most of the *nix guys won't even go in to look at them and a lot of them stay unanswered for about 6 hours....

I think you're right. It makes more sense to be under Web Hosting.

Fantastic, looking forward to this section being populated .
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    I think you're right. It makes more sense to be under Web Hosting.
    That's what I would say too. Stick it under web hosting, for now anyway.
    Jim - 2Macs H-Sphere Web Hosting
    Since 2001 - H-Sphere Clustered Shared Linux & Windows Hosting
    Fully Managed Services| Custom Web Designs
    Unconditional, 30 Day Money back Guarantee!

Cross-link it to both. I think vb supports this doesn't it? I don't know I don't use php forums all asp.net forums have this feature though.
    AfterNorth Innovative solutions for tomorrow, today.
    0spam.org AntiSpam for Service Providers
    DotNetInvoice Online Billing Solutions
    Professional Services Since 1996

hi,

Web hosting section is appropriate.

Regards
    http://www.windowshostingasp.net/ - Windows Web hosting information and resources.

I think that maximum number of window hosting is done on dedicated server rather then web hosting..

Web hosting section is very much appropriate looking at the number of threads we are having it in this section.
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

What's the reason for having a separate Windows only section? We're mainly *nix, but I decided to wander over here for the heck of it and was able to partake in some of the threads. It seems that this section gets neglected. There are quite a few threads that would probably get additional helpful responses were they not buried in a "Windows" specific forum.
    BannerView.com - Energize your Business Online, powered by BannerOS, the platform that turns your website into a powerful business tool.
    Build your own website powered by BannerOS with our DIY service.

Windows web hosting should be under all branches of hosting. Windows hosting is a niche for those that require the platform such as .net and CF developers which presents unique issues across all mediums. The dedicated user may have IIS questions where as the shared user has control panel issues. The VPS customer will also have a certain set of issues or be looking for feedback on information that only applies to a VPS. You cannot sum up Windows hosting into one category it is very prevalent and unique to each platform. I say put it in all three: Share, Dedicated, and VPS.