Originally Posted by drokmed
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this here (I apologize to the admins if I am in the wrong). I'd suggest you post this particular problem in the CentOS forums. This problem has probably already been addressed there.
welcome , thanks for your advice I will check them out
Originally Posted by Feeyo
You probably did not install your kernel correctly.
what is exactly the error you get on screen when booting the new kernel?
Usaly if there is some sort of kernel bug in your current running official dist kernel then they will supply a update for it as soon as possible.
First I install the kernel following these steps :
- downloading the latest kernel 220.127.116.11 from kernel.org in /usr/src/ directory
- extract the tarball and go to the created dir
- coping the old configuration to the current dir ( new kernel dir )
- exucting : make clean && make prepare
- exucting : make menuconfig
- loading the oldconfiguration
- setting a name for version ( -wahb )
- save and exit
- run make rpm
- run rpm -ivh /path/to/kernel.rpm
- edit menu config
- reboot server shutdown -r now
any problems ?
I can`t see any thing I dont have remote connection to the server