Arrow seo is dying market?

seo is dying market? I want to know.

seo is dying market?
    No its thriving, and the need and interest in it has never been greater, though it is an increasingly saturated field , not that different to web hosting ( in the sense of being saturated )

Quote Originally Posted by bbmm1980 View Post
    Yep. Search engines are so 2002. It's all about direct mail now

Seriously though - what leads you to believe it is dying, or what have you read that indicates this? This is a pretty empty statement without some context. Now I'm
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

I think he is asking if SEO is a dying market. (He wants to know our opinions)

Quote Originally Posted by jerett View Post
    I think he is asking if SEO is a dying market. (He wants to know our opinions)
    Well sure, but without some context, about all he'll get is "no - next question..."
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

hmmm...SEO a dying market? Nopes.

The net is expanding every second of the day and as such seo is thriving too because a ton of businesses still want their sites to be top of the pile.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Here is a good post on the subject with many opinions. SEO is not dying. Here is my comment from the thread:

"SEO will always be around as long as web developers keep ignoring titles tags. As long as developers keep making one page Flash website. SEO is not dying because of “Google Toolbar data, Google User history, and Google Analytics data” it is just changing. Even with that data involved in figuring out what each person will see in the SERPs, you have to believe that some rich girl in LA will see the same Amazon book page ranking well as some poor college student in NY.

You will also need to incorporate a universal search optimization plan going forward. Gone are the days of just text links that we click on. There will be more to it than that. Shoe has the right idea that traditional SEO is dying, but SEO itself is simply evolving. Could his post just be another long line of crappy link bait by people in our niche?"
    Jaan Kanellis | iNET Interactive

Quote Originally Posted by bbmm1980 View Post
    Oh man oh man it is dying. You know what is funny, and no one else mentions this... the second Google changed their PR system and banned directories from getting PR, that is when we fell into a recession. I used to be on DigitalPoint forums and all of the people I knew including myself were making $250 - $500 per day just from SEO alone. We were trading money back and forth like it was virtual money from a videogame. I had bigger dreams and was going to expand and was happy with life. Then Google killed the PR and search engine results on everyone's site that we worked hard to research and paid thousands to link with high quality sites so all of us no longer make much. We had PR7 - PR8 sites that are now PR0.

I would always receive emails from people saying the wanted to pay $500 to have a link on my homepage just from PR alone. SEO is dead because of Google, and also because millions (perhaps billions) of webmasters understand SEO now so your site is just buried amongst the others on the search listings. Whereas before when most webmasters didn't understand mod_rewrite and good meta tags your site that was optimized would stand out.
    Last edited by lexington; 05-13-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Oh man, if it was dying, SEO service wouldnt be so expensive!

SEO is immortal because people will never stop searching.

seo will morph or get swallowed by another job title in many companies, but it won't die anytime soon....

The net has yet to start flexing its muscle...

I'm not surprised at how many people ask me about moving their business online and what they should be doing to be seen... this will only increase.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I hope to god SEO dies soon. But I doubt it will.

Aside from simply helping people optimize the copy on their site, maintain good design standards, and do analysis of competitors which are all just good business practices, I think SEO is more witchcraft or snake oil sales than anything else. Selling people info and help on something that no one knows for certain how it works and that you cannot guarantee...and which may be turned upside down by a single change to the way a particular search engine works.
    [Lurking Glass] <- Not a webhost.

Quote Originally Posted by eviltechie View Post
    I hope to god SEO dies soon. But I doubt it will.

Aside from simply helping people optimize the copy on their site, maintain good design standards, and do analysis of competitors which are all just good business practices, I think SEO is more witchcraft or snake oil sales than anything else. Selling people info and help on something that no one knows for certain how it works and that you cannot guarantee...and which may be turned upside down by a single change to the way a particular search engine works.

It is true that a lot of hard work can be thrown for a loop by a single SE algorithmic change but good quality planning, SEo, edits, adjustments, etc., as well as dynamically changing content will continue to grow and as such the SEO needs will continue along for the ride
    Barak Hosting
    http://barakhosting.com
    Shared, VPS & Dedicated Hosting - Lunatic Support is what sets us apart

Late to the party, as usual.

There's recently been a lot of discussion in the blogosphere about this very subject. And it's come in part from Shoemoney, a blogger with an RSS readership around 20,000 and many hundred of thousands more that are not RSS subscribers. He first compared SEO's to used car salesmen, then he decided to outright say "SEO Has No Future".

I ended up having many discussions about this, and it spilled out in to a blog post by a good friend of mine, Gyutae Park. http://www.winningtheweb.com/seo-bright-future.php (Gyutae works as an SEO for a company in the Empire State Building)

Through his post, and comments from me and others, I came to the conclusion that SEO does have a future. But it will be an evolving future.

What SEO involves today, won't involve in three or four years. But SEO will still be a service offered by many. We'll still be around, giving search engines exactly what they were made for, rather than the hopeless tripe that most Web sites give. We won't be "black hat" or "used car salesmen". And we certainly won't be performing "witchcraft".

We'll just be giving what search engines want. We'll be making life easy for search engines. And we'll essentially be clearing up the mess that other Web developers leave behind (ya know, the guys who seem to be classed as the "good guys", yet it's them who give search engines a bowl of tripe).

SEO is evolving. Those SEO's who evolve with it will still be around. Those who don't evolve, like the guy who a few days ago had the cheek to tell me I knew nothing about SEO because I don't use the keywords meta tag, will not be around.

Like Gyutae, I reckon SEO will be more socially focused in the future. Because I think search engines will be more socially focused in the future.

Gyutae says it better than I can...

Google has so much data on us: Google toolbar web usage, Feedburner, Google Analytics, web registrar and whois information, Google Reader, Gmail, etc. The list goes on and on. They aren’t fully utilizing this data now, but it’s only a matter of time before they start incorporating it into their search algorithm.

As for social votes, it still is very early and not too many people have adopted this new “social” aspect of the web. However, I think it’s the future of where the Internet is going in the next 5 years.
    SEO is not dying. It's just not the same as it was three years ago, and in three years time it won't be the same as it is today.

Actually, SEO is not the same as it was last week. Or yesterday. Or four hours ago. It's one of the fastest evolving areas of Web design, and is so because search engines are some of the fastest evolving companies.

If there was ever a job where you had to keep track of the latest tips, techniques and updates, being an SEO is that job.

As long as there are Web sites, there will be SEO. And as long as there are Web developers who feed search engines a bowl of tripe, there will be room for speciality search engine optimisers.
    Last edited by Jamie Harrop; 05-14-2008 at 11:45 AM.
    - Jamie Harrop

SEO is not dead, but the techniques used by "SEO Professionals" are soon to be. Too many 3rd world "SEO Gurus" on the net now saturating the market! and providing very little results. There is a simple 'secret' to all SEO these days, it's become very black and white.

I used to own a company doing SEO for others, sold it in 03 for a 7 figure sum and moved on. I realized I can SEO my own products instead of wasting time on others. (yea enlightenment haha )

Definitely NO!

There are still so many keywords to target.