(UK) 3rd Line Windows/Linux Systems Engineers required!
Ultraspeed are once again looking for talented individuals to take a key role in our Systems Engineering team, Ultraspeed Systems Engineers are responsible for building and maintaining robust and reliable hosting solutions based on Linux and Windows platforms for Ultraspeed's Managed Hosting customers.
You will have 3+ years Linux or Windows administration experience in a customer facing context.
You will be a self starter, act with conviction and initiative at all times. You will be an excellent communicator, both internally and externally. You will thrive under pressure. You will be an excellent team player.
* You will have experience running a variety of Linux and Windows variants, experience of Windows 2003 Server, Redhat Enterprise, Fedora and CentOS is ideal.
* You will have experience running a variety of applications in an always on environment, both open source and binary, such as: Apache, Mysql, Exim, IIS, SQL Server.
* Experience of building and support high availability hosting platforms.
* Experience of web based control panels for Linux and Windows is ideal, but not essential. (Eg, Cpanel)
* Experience of server hardware and datacenters would be useful.
Successful applicants will benefit from an outstanding working environment (from organic fruit to Nintendo Wii), a comprehensive benefits package (private health care, share options, subsidised gym, Sony/Mac laptop, Blackberry) and a very competitive basic salary.
Positions are based from our London office - no remote working is possible for this position.
To apply to join Ultraspeed please email [email protected] with an up to date CV for consideration, quote ref "SE" in the subject line.