I need a dedicated linux host that costs are arround 50$/month. Is it possible to find it?

RAID disks are extra of course. But can I find RAID disks for this price?f
    Last edited by bear; 05-13-2008 at 06:54 AM.

What version of Linux do you require?

Do you require a control panel?

Do you have a specific amount of RAM/Disk Space that you neeD?
    Carl Pickering, Line3 Internet
    http://www.line3.co.uk
    UK VPS Provider; 99.98% uptime

But can I find RAID disks for this price?f
    I'm afraid but it will be quite difficult to find even dedicated server for your budget
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

VolumeDrive.com do servers starting at less than $50, and ManageMyBox.com do a $49.95 server that comes with free DirectAdmin.

With VD you can upgrade to 2 x HD's and get either free Software based RAID or something like $40 for Hardware RAID, I don't know the prices for MMB.

For that amount I would rather look more in the direction of a VPS. Finding a DECENT dedicated server for such a low amount, I don't think the chance is big you'll find one.
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

For your price, and at least for the one requirement you gave us, it sounds like a VPS will do. Most, if not all VPS providers have some sort of RAID setup.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Hi,

You can not get reliable service for $50/month. It is dedicated, not shared not VPS. I someone provides dedicated server fro $50 it is underbidding the market, such as overselling in shared hosting...
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I'd say you could get a reliable dedicated for that budget.

For example, I started out with VD on a $44.95 a month server, and aside from the network problems with their old DC, I have had nothing but a great service.

I'd recommend volumedrive for low budget servers. Having 2 boxes with them for months and satisfied.

I have two servers with volumedrive, one Celeron-L (around $50) and another Q6600. I've been with them for about two months, so far I've been having some network issues with the Celeron box but the support is always so responsive. Right now it seems to have been resolved (knock on wood), the Q6600 box has no issues what-so-ever though . So I would also recommend volumedrive.

I currently have a server with VD as well nothing but good things to say about them they are always fast and responsive. I was having some network issues for a short time but everything seems to be smooth sailing right now.

John
    Great Plains Web Hosting
    Providing Small Business Solutions
    Hosting For Your Small Business

Increase your budget or get a VPS. For that budget you wont get a decent server as its below the market pricing.

Well, you could get a $50 server from volumedrive, which I think falls into "decent" category. You can add a second hard drive for a one time fee (we paid $50, not sure if this is still an option), and setup a software raid1. Certainly will work for modest needs.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelofDeth2 View Post
    Well, you could get a $50 server from volumedrive, which I think falls into "decent" category. You can add a second hard drive for a one time fee (we paid $50, not sure if this is still an option), and setup a software raid1. Certainly will work for modest needs.
    You can get 2 x 120GB drives for $30 one-off or 2 x 250GB for $45 one-off. Then, Software RAID is free, or Hardware RAID is $45 one-off.

Sounds like if you are in the market for a $50 dedicated server, then you are actually in the market for a VPS. Without having the deatils, it sounds like a VPS will suit your needs just as well inside your budget as well as help cut down on power and space costs (helping the evnironment) lol.