Managed Spam Filtering

Wondering if anyone may know of a server spam filtering product which has these features....

1. stops identified spam at the server and keeps it for a period of time eg 7 days before dumping it
    2. forwards clean mail to end user
    3. end user gets daily report via email of mail tagged and kept
    4. clickable link in daily email report to 'release' mail and send it
    5. auto whitelists released mail (ie adds it to bayesian database / whitelist addresses)
    6. configurable to work with either individual end user, or with eg domain sysadmin (who can view / help see mail for all domain users)
    7. can be either a hosted service, or server software product; although linux opensource server product would be good.....
    8. not hugely expensive :-)

I have been using ASSP for quite some time; and like it's accuracy. So I suppose what ideally I'm looking for is ASSP with Bells and Whistles. On Cpanel I'm using grscripts ASSP deluxe, and this already has some great bells, but lacks a couple of the whistles I'd like (as above).

If anyone has ideas - or can point me to other threads (I did a search here already, but couldn't refine my search enough to find anything relevant)

Thanks

I would definately recommend MailScanner service offered by www.configserver.com

We have been using it for a long time and it eliminates over 85% of all incoming spam.
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

We use CleanPort for that on our servers. Great app, works very well.

http://www.cleanport.nl/

For a hosted service, aliencamel.com can do most of that I think.
    Phil McKerracher
    I do server maintenance and troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    We use CleanPort for that on our servers. Great app, works very well.

http://www.cleanport.nl/
    They look interesting, but don't advertise their prices I couldn't find them at least; maybe they're there somewhere).

They seem very slow to respond to my sales request via their web form.

Does anyone have an idea of how much their service is?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil McKerracher View Post
    For a hosted service, aliencamel.com can do most of that I think.
    As a hosted email service; a bit different to what I'm asking about. ie I'm probably more inclined to a hosted spam service, not a hosted email service; but thanks for the link
    Last edited by netpastor; 04-12-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QualityHost View Post
    I would definately recommend MailScanner service offered by www.configserver.com

We have been using it for a long time and it eliminates over 85% of all incoming spam.
    Mailscanner does look good; would mean switching back to spamassassin first though. Not sure about that as in the past I always found spamassassin - at least the cpanel variety of it - has such little control, very hard to report false neg / pos
    ASSP is much better IMHO from the end user's point of view

The configserver service provides their own custom built MailScanner Frontend for you via your WHM and for clients via their cPanels.

You do NOT need to install and setup spamassasin separately as it works as a plugin under mailscanner along with several other plugins to achieve a much higher result.

You can contact configserver and I am sure they will be able to provide all the information you need.
    Quality Web Hosting at its Best!
    100% Satisfaction Guaranteed | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Solutions
    www.QualityHostOnline.com - Proudly Serving Thousands of Customers Since 2001

I know with Smartermail Spam Assasin works great as it can be blocked/deleted by the RBL filters. And if setup well it can cut 99% of spam out.

Quote Originally Posted by netpastor View Post
    They look interesting, but don't advertise their prices I couldn't find them at least; maybe they're there somewhere).

They seem very slow to respond to my sales request via their web form.

Does anyone have an idea of how much their service is?
    Prices are negotiable

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    Prices are negotiable
    They probably are if someone from their company would contact me to negotiate a price :-)
    Will ask again today.

If you are UK Based MessageLabs do a very good service. Infact I dont think being UK or not matters.

greylisting allows saving of the SPAM emails for periods of time. We have software that does this now.

Regards,

You may want to try Barracuda which is external appliances and will involve less modification changes in your existing servers.

Thread cleaned.
    Just a reminder, folks:
    No soliciting, no "we can do that" and other various self promotion is allowed in the main forums. Only the ad forums are for advertising.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

netpastor, the MXLogic spam filtering service meets every specification you listed. Postini and Message Labs are the other two big contenders.

I use both MXLogic and Postini and what I don't like about Postini is that it doesn't auto-whitelist addresses when you release messages from the quarantine. MXLogic does that and it has a far, far superior admin and user interface to Postini. I really detest Postini's interface and the only reason I am using it is because it comes at a price point that is just right for one of my target markets.

As for resellers, you can try excelmicro.com for Postini and luxsci.com (look at Premium Spam Filtering or Email Defense) for MXLogic.
    Last edited by ramdak5000; 05-13-2008 at 05:44 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by netpastor View Post
    Wondering if anyone may know of a server spam filtering product which has these features....

1. stops identified spam at the server and keeps it for a period of time eg 7 days before dumping it
    2. forwards clean mail to end user
    3. end user gets daily report via email of mail tagged and kept
    4. clickable link in daily email report to 'release' mail and send it
    5. auto whitelists released mail (ie adds it to bayesian database / whitelist addresses)
    6. configurable to work with either individual end user, or with eg domain sysadmin (who can view / help see mail for all domain users)
    7. can be either a hosted service, or server software product; although linux opensource server product would be good.....
    8. not hugely expensive :-)
    Mailfoundry works EXACTLY like this... it isnt cheap, but, you can find a provider who has purchased the appliance and probably get a reseller account from them - or maybe you can look into reseller their hosted solution directly - not sure if they offer this as a resellable solution, but, its worth examining... worse case scenario, they have plenty of partners that offer it, and several of them will have it available for resale
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems