Email Address and Hits

Hello All,

I just wanted to know that could we track or are able to know the actual email address of the user that hits on our website or is this possible from the provider / host to know?

I just looked into some of the services like -

Trace Email
    Domain Look up
    Trace IP

But somehow it does not full fill my above query. Or it is not at all possible to track email addresses directly ?

If yes, than how?

Sorry, if my question is really dumb. But i am a complete novice.

Regards,

Hitarth

When someone visits your site you can find out his IP, and several things (browser, OS etc), but the visitor's email address is not one of them. If you want to create a list of potential customers' email addresses, you'll have to go the old fashioned way and have them signup for a newsletter of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    When someone visits your site you can find out his IP, and several things (browser, OS etc), but the visitor's email address is not one of them. If you want to create a list of potential customers' email addresses, you'll have to go the old fashioned way and have them signup for a newsletter of some kind.
    Couldn't have said it better.

If you use web stats program, it will log where the IP originated, what language they are using, what browser they use and even tell you the connection speeds of their ISP but e-mail address is not one of them.

A visual tracert will tell you where the server is located and will give you their abuse@ e-mail address.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com

As dan said You can get IP adress only and the user on that IP might have more then 1000 emails. Anyway I wonder why are you looking for this?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

One thing to add is depending on the type of site anywhere from 5-15% of your visitors will use a proxy which will not reveal their true IP address.
    Peakhost.com Hosting
    Quality hosting since 2001
    http://peakhost.com

go in your start menu to run, key in cmd, key in netstat -n and you might find the IP addresses....but its not a guarantee....if you want to find out about someone who sent you an email go to whatismyipaddress.com....you can give in the full headers there and they give you the IP....and via the IP you can trace location/city and their ISP...and as above people told you already...there is a ......abuse.com address where you can report to...and its correct as well some use proxies...