Talking werz website surfing total fun (read before LOCKING! :P)

This is my new past time, now before you people JUMP to the conclusion I use werz lol Its far from it!, my new trend is targeting people who download Nulled scripts (easyest BY FAR to dectect is Invision Power Board) proud to say Mine is fully licensed, anyway back to the topic

What i target is the idiots who post a comment on a download lets say it was IPB 2.3.5 Nulled by (who ever) and said 'yay been looking for this', what i target is the thickest of thick people who place their URL in their profile, I then visit look for the tell tail signs and then hello IPB piracy report

for IPB in particular I have reported 38 websites to IPB 37 where found to be illegal and have since been closed, I am the one man army!
    recently targeted a site that is one of them pay per click laod of crap using the pay per ad click scriped (nulled as he personally requested it) and IPB also requested it

also had 6 werz forums closed by runing who is's on their domain and they come back to hosts like HOST Gator and GO daddy simply have them closed with in a few hours with a simple ticket

SUPPORT THE SCRIPTERS and DEVELOPERS
    Help in the fight against PIRACY make the one man army into 2 or 3 or 500

there was a time when warez was an honourable concept and useful.

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    there was a time when warez was an honourable concept and useful.
    umm when?!

1) You will never stop warez distribution, as there are countries that allow it.

2) Instead of wasting your time, do something to make you money. Unless you are getting compensated, it is a total waste of time. It might make you feel good about yourself, but nothing more.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen) View Post
    umm when?!
    Like you I didn't know too, however, unlike you I looked it up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warez

And found what unity100 meant.

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

#4 & #5

ditto azizny...

time's precious enough without hunting down nullifying script kiddies lol.

isn't that why most companies have an anti piracy department.?

i can think of far better past times..like sticking knitting needles in my a**

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

Every little bit helps nikoli. Good to know some folks still value intellectual property and the rights of developers who (gasp!) want to earn a living as much as the rest of us.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

There is "warez" releases that will work fine / undetected for VBulletin.

Sorry but your target is most of the "p2p-users".

I mean from the www.aboutthescene.com <-read / learn / no links there just INFORMATION.

Thanks

wow. 'scene' 'release'. those words make my blood boil again. its like all over 1986-2000 again

Quote Originally Posted by azizny View Post
    It might make you feel good about yourself, but nothing more.
    If more people took the effort to help fight it, maybe there would be less. One person doing this is like shovelling against the tide, but if many got involved, it would at the least inconvenience the thieves, and at best, slow the tide of outright theft of intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    i can think of far better past times..like sticking knitting needles in my a**
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

if more people took the effort to fight it back in the late 80s and early 90s, entire generations, for example in turkey, would be devoid of the computer culture that was developing at that time, all the applications, games, software that were being produced, the new thing, because almost none of those companies were interested in selling games in turkey (actually not giving a damn about it), and there wasnt singlemost interest and serious attempt at importing them in turkey either. that is a country that was in the western bloc even, for countries like russia, hungary, china, or other repressive regimes, it was much worse.

so, thanks to warez, instead of those times being a lost era for hundreds of millions of people, that era now has many common heritage for all tech savvy people around the world. everyone knows mario, everyone knows c64, this, and that. instead it has become a common cultural factor, that is bringing people closer, rather than the way their governments intended to be - mortal enemies.

Doing something about it then back in the 80s-90s where every group had a phone number to dial in and call if all those number could be traced then we probably would have something far less than what the scene is now.

Doing something now will not get you no where as no groups put any kind of contact information for any help or affils. The new groups who are trying to get a name for themselves will ask for it but they still take high measures though is not your average person using you for the servers , hardware or experience.

Anyway good luck trying to bring down veterans. The 2005 summer bust was as far the FBI would get if they don't hire the right people.

@bear - do you realize how far the scene members of let alone the curriers alone are paranoid about security?

I used to be a webmaster of a warez forum. The warez community is unbelievable - There are some people out there that are so dedicated to their sites they would go to jail just to keep them up and running an extra week, I'm not even being sarcastic here (I know someone who went to jail after the feds showed up at his house (it was a real deal, it was on their local news and everything) and he refused to take down his site, only to get arrested 2 weeks later).

The only thing that can stop warez distribution is advertisers. The main reason a lot of these sites exist is because people think they can make a quick easy buck off warez blogs and forums. No advertisers allowing their content on warez sites = much fewer warez sites, only the bigger ones, which could then be easily stopped by the law.
    // Extra Moose - Modern Web Design with Usability in mind.

The easiest way to fix all piracy of all kinds, is to lower the price of goods.

Piracy and smuggling happens when goods are sold overpriced, or when free trade is barred. (latter is the reason for age of piracy in high seas).

It takes million dollars to create a program, but, they sell program for, say $300. marketing people calculate as such. ie we can sell x units from this price, therefore reach such a target, they calculate. the thing is, they may sell x amounts from such price, but rest of the world pirates that software. the concept of marginal returns is not so well defined in software world. take it down to $40, and you may find that people who are not desperately needing your software might be buying it. its all about globalization.

Piracy will still happen even if the prices of goods come down because then that means that for those who distribute on a high scale their equipment will be cheaper as well.

People will pay for warez so taking ads out won't really do much besides if your forum is not just for warez as the only thing the advertisers will argue that their main point of target is the other consumers on the other part of the forums like "general discussion" "sports section" that sort of thing.

The warez scene RUINED my life! At the age of 10 I saw a movie in the theater called "Wargames". I became starry eyed and begged my grandparents for a computer the following christmas. We were poor, so I was lucky to get the computer, disk drive and an old TV set to use as the monitor. Being poor I was unable to afford a modem to go on these BBS'es I heard about. So what was left to someone who could only afford floppy disks? The scene. I joined a "computer gang" at my school and one of the members had access to the BBS'es and all the latest copy crackers. We traded games like other kids would trade baseball cards. I failed to heed the warnings, like "Don't copy that floppy!". I played and played and played because I knew there was something special waiting for me if I could just beat that high score.

It wasn't true.

All I was left with was computers, and here I am stuck in the computer industry today.

I think back... if only I didn't touch a computer... and played baseball or something like the other kids... I could be a professional baseball player today making millions...

JUST SAY NO TO JUAREZ!

Quote Originally Posted by unixorn View Post
    All I was left with was computers, and here I am stuck in the computer industry today.
    hahahaa. or stuck in tax accounting, doing the cash calculations for cash you dont own.

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    Piracy will still happen even if the prices of goods come down because then that means that for those who distribute on a high scale their equipment will be cheaper as well.
    of course it will. there will always be a small group that does it as a hobby. but, the extent wont be the same.

of course it will. there will always be a small group that does it as a hobby. but, the extent wont be the same.
    A small group of 5 people. Leader , currier , cracker , encoder , supplier is all you need and the extent can surpass anything the old groups did back "then". Which was a lot less secured now you got so many options is actually crazy.

I dunno someone say something negative about the scene please love to keep the discussion open .
    Last edited by peruviantalk; 05-13-2008 at 03:20 PM.

I tend to think piracy will always happen, but I agree with price. When I was younger and didn't have a lot of money, I downloaded a few programs and/or songs. But now that I have a job and make decent money, I purchase all my products/music.

For me it was a matter of over-pricing. I would guess most kiddies download warez, because they can't purchase it. Kind of like why most criminals steal things... because most can't afford it and they want it. In some situations if they had the money, they would just purchase. Mind you not all.. but i'm sure a good amount.
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / "Automate. Grow. Repeat"
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / A KEAP Certified Developer (KCD)

Quote Originally Posted by peruviantalk View Post
    A small group of 5 people. Leader , currier , cracker , encoder , supplier is all you need and the extent can surpass anything the old groups did back "then". Which was a lot less secured now you got so many options is actually crazy.

I dunno someone say something negative about the scene please love to keep the discussion open .
    the extent i speak of is not the extent of what you can do in warez. its the extent that warez is demanded and used by the public.

the extent i speak of is not the extent of what you can do in warez. its the extent that warez is demanded and used by the public.
    Ah I see, gotcha.

I believe lower prices would definitely help, as well as the continued growth of the Open Source community.

Sure lots of people would love to drive a ferrari, and very very few can actually afford to do so, and even more still choose not too because it is a waste of money. Many people 'need' software for whatever reason, but are not able to actually shell out $XXX for it.

Sure Microsoft Paint can usually get the job done, or even open source software that does the same thing, but most people dont even know those types of solutions even really exist. Even if they do, they dont know which one to get/use.

Not to mention the ever-widening IT-focused educational system. When was the last time you saw a high-school, college, or university using Open Source software? Schools use Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office, sure college and university students get discounts, but what happens when they graduate and have to survive for those first few harsh years where life consists of paying rent and keeping yourself fed, not to mention whatever else they may have on their plate.

I have yet to meet a graphic designer who doesn't use Adobe Photoshop, and yet I have to wonder how they learned how to use it before they had the money to actually buy it?

I'm not saying Piracy is right, I am just saying that if so many high priced pieces of software was not shoved down everyone's throat on a constant basis, maybe more attention would be given to the program itself, instead of just the name.

If you can afford it, and you need or want it, then buy it.

/2cents

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan - Limestone View Post
    Sure Microsoft Paint can usually get the job done, or even open source software that does the same thing, but most people dont even know those types of solutions even really exist. Even if they do, they dont know which one to get/use.
    the problem is, even if they do learn about that software, if their demand reaches a certain point, proprietary companies like microsoft try to kill those software via patent trolling. similar to what ms tried to do with their bogus patent claims on linux code, and incite novel into binding agreements. its big buck company harm, just like usual.

malpractice like this is going to be around as long as big buck corps are not kept in check. and that, in turn, not only will create a demand for warez and pirating, but also totally justify what they are doing, and glorify it. and, it will be right.