Looking for a reseller account

Hello,

I'm pretty new hear and have been doing some searching on various forums to find a host for me. However, posting on here with a lot of experienced people will probably find me the best one for my needs.

I am decently experienced in creating websites, have used Cpanel on many occassions, have dealt a little bit with hosts in general with the sites I have made.

I am starting a little side thing where I'll make websites for those around me and am looking for a solid host for all the sites. I already have a couple websites, most of them don't get a whole lot of action. I would like to transfer those all over and I have a few people who I'll have sites for within a couple months. Nothing too big, mostly just business card websites.

What I'm looking for is a host that uses Cpanel, can get me however many accounts as I need, is very reliable and offers user support for when I screw something pretty bad up.

I'm not sure how much $$ I want to spend, but hope to go no more than $30 / month with a good amount of space and bandwidth.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Well firstly welcome to WHT, you have come to the right place.

Your budget seems more than fair and I don't think you'll have any trouble getting a few reccomendations.

The best thing you can do is listen to the reccomendations and have a look in the reseller offers section and then try and get a short list together and gather as much feedback as you can and ask as many questions as possible.

Then when you jump in and pick a host be sure to post back here to let everyone know how your getting on.

Good luck with your search.
    Last edited by DATARTIM; 05-12-2008 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typo
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !
      0 Not allowed!

XYZoptics,

Hello and welcome to WHT Forums!

$30 month is a good budget to get you started. If your new to reseller hosting then I suggest you will need all the help you can get.

Firstly, CPanel is the end user control panel, you will also get WHM which is the Reseller control panel.

I recommend finding a host who can give you good support, as if its your first reseller account, you'll likely need to some to get your account setup! Flash tutorials & user guides are always a bonus to have too (if your host offers them).

You say you have a couple of websites that currently don't have allot of action. In this case you likely wont need to much bandwidth, so you could look for a low bandwidth solution (ie 10GB-50GB). Do you know how much diskspace you are currently using? (check in cpanel on the left).
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by XYZoptics View Post
    What I'm looking for is a host that uses Cpanel, can get me however many accounts as I need, is very reliable and offers user support for when I screw something pretty bad up.
    It's not easy to screw thing up with cpanel
    Most providers offer reseller package with unlimited hosting accounts.
    You can try this link to request quote from hosting providers.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise
      0 Not allowed!

I don't use much disk space, and it will probably stay that way. I host many of my images through image websites, not that there are too many anyways.

That link looks great, thanks! One thing I want to stress is that I'm in no real hurry to have decisions made on this.
      0 Not allowed!

That link looks great, thanks! One thing I want to stress is that I'm in no real hurry to have decisions made on this.
    That's good to hear. Rushing things can sometimes cause problems when it comes to choosing the right host and also getting off to a good start with your host. Pressure on both you will be much less..

My advice to you would be to start from the beginning. Lurk around these forums to get a feel of things to watch out for and things worth looking into. Visit the offers section and accumulate a list of potential hosts which meet your requirements. Don't be lured in by those offering the world next to nothing..

After compiling your list, send a few pre-sales questions to the host to get a feel of how they answer. Send a ticket to technical support perhaps to see how fast they are when you need it (shouldn't base Sales response as the response time for all departments as some companies have Sales working during business hours only)..

Eventually shorten your list based on the responses, and then begin searching for reviews both here on WHT and various forums on the net. Slowly narrowing down to a single host..

Take your time and ask many questions till you feel comfortable..

Good luck
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

I am starting a little side thing where I'll make websites for those around me and am looking for a solid host for all the sites. I already have a couple websites, most of them don't get a whole lot of action. I would like to transfer those all over and I have a few people who I'll have sites for within a couple months. Nothing too big, mostly just business card websites.

i would like to give you some advice from an old time hosting reseller sucker that nobody will give you here.

1) Don't just accept anything anybody gives you here as a lot of suggestions come from companies that want you business.
    2) Unless you can phone a company, speak to a sales and support department you are at risk of loosing your data. That even goes for live support and skype. As that means nothing- i am talking about a landline (not mobile)
    3) Make sure the company shows a street address and verify it
    4) Start by catching them unexpected with support

If you are serious about those who you will host your buiness card websites use the above tactics. If not and if you are prepare to wake-up one morning finding no sites and having to redo them all then use the cheaper hosting companies with no contact details etc.

To me it is more secure going to companies like ipower etc. with there bad support. At least they cant vanish ( i dont use them but LW now)

Sorry but as i have been caught for to many times it is time the truth get spoken as it really is. A company is not worth the website it is written on unless they have contact details (that work)

Actually coming to think of it , i havent been with a reseller hosting company for more than a year with being taken but,

i had a 8 month account with JTL , nine months now with Corenetworks,
    1 year with Dreamhost

i left JTL because i wanted a fully managed VPS and went to Liquidweb and is happy there
    Still happy with Corenetworks and they own all there datacenters
    i left Dreamhost as there support sucks BUT they will never vanished on me

Decide what you want to do as you might be better off with a ipower or dreamhost multi domain package.

I dont sell hosting but design websites for business so i need rock solid companies to host my business clients

I need to add this bit here for your ref.

I have a reseller account with Scalahosting and there support is solid. There uptime is really good and i have a yearly account with them. I dont have mission critical websites on that reseller for the reasons i mentioned and will shortly be asking them for there physical details and landlines numbers. If they wont provide them i wont renew with them when the term is up.

Now i am aware that you guys selling hosting out there is not happy with my post here. But guys like us is getting tired of all these companies starting a hosting company and then a few years down the line things don't work out and then they just vanish.

I mean the least you can do is let us know so that we can make another plan. Who is it that payed for your bread and butter all the time?
    Last edited by johannes; 05-13-2008 at 05:20 AM.
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE
      0 Not allowed!

2) Unless you can phone a company, speak to a sales and support department you are at risk of loosing your data.
    The ability to contact anyone by phone, does not guarantee availability of data in any way. Even with the best providers, the hardware may fail, and through an amazing array of coincidences (call it bad luck), backups may turn out faulty. There's no real substitute to making your own backups.

Vanishing hosts are indeed an issue. But a host can "be there", and still be worthless if they don't help you out. I'd rather go with a small but excellent provider, and maintain my own set of backups, than go with a hosting behemoth known for its severely sub par service.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    The ability to contact anyone by phone, does not guarantee availability of data in any way. Even with the best providers, the hardware may fail, and through an amazing array of coincidences (call it bad luck), backups may turn out faulty. There's no real substitute to making your own backups.

Vanishing hosts are indeed an issue. But a host can "be there", and still be worthless if they don't help you out. I'd rather go with a small but excellent provider, and maintain my own set of backups, than go with a hosting behemoth known for its severely sub par service.
    i understand your point but i am speaking of experiences and with all hosting companies been with had issues and they were could not be contacted. At least with a contact number ans street address it gives more piece of mind as it seems a teenager can run a hosting company still being in school.

I have found a nice script to auto backup a full cpanel by itself and will use it on all accounts that need it but is that really necessary.

With LW i get 20gb off site backup done daily as part of the package. And i am at the source. In the case of most hosting companies that don't own data centers your are basically stuffed if there is a major crises and it took me a while to find that out and people should know the truth before they get a reseller account.

My point is that people need to know what risks are out there. I wasn't talking about data loss, i was talking about taking responsibility when you cant handle things when they go wrong.

A short while ago redostri run into a hard drive problem (not there fault). Now they are not one of the best companies in terms of support and to me it also kinda the way they communicate.

There site also went dead and i phoned them in India. In the midst of there crises they took calls and continue to get the data back. i phoned them a few times and they still took calls not promising but helping as much as they could. Days later they recovered the data and to me that show commitment in what they do. I see they are now a registered company.

Under the circumstances they proved that they can be accounted for
    Want a eBook Cover Action Scripts CLICK HERE
      0 Not allowed!

offers user support for when I screw something pretty bad up.
    Just for clear up: do you want you vendor to provide support to you only, or both you and your customers?
      0 Not allowed!

Welcome to the forums I can recommend flyhigh.net ... they go above and beyond and help if you mess up. Your not just a number or a billing ID .

I would put them on your short list.
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator
      0 Not allowed!

Yup, Flyhigh gets my vote
      0 Not allowed!

I dont' do too much reselling, but I've resold some accounts with iPower and I've had a good experience. The support is fast and I've always received a response. No complains from my clients since I've been backed up by iPower service.

No complains so far.
      0 Not allowed!

Must it be cPanel? Who will be managing the sites: you or your customers?
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!