Which orgnazation to donate to for Myanmar Cyclone Relief

Hiya all,
    For one of my sites (which works as means to collect money off webmasters and donate the same for bringing some peace and harmony to the world) is going to be donating about $200 ish to Myanmar Cyclone Relief funds, but am not sure which Organization will be best portal to send the money to , example would unicef be any good, are they effectively involved in actually utilizing the money for the situation or just another collecting agency ?

So please advise.

Thanks

Yes i already checked that, but why use google when you can use unicef directly ?

Baah just realized spelled organization wrong on the title (need to train my monkey more !!)

Redcross is a good one as well and oxfam have been doing a lot of work in the region.

Thanks scott, never knew about oxfam (must be new ?)

Any other takers ? And anyone know of any organization that might by chance accept paypal payments also ?

check out http://www.paypal.com, they have a link on their site for Myanmar Cyclone Relief.

Quote Originally Posted by VPSProvider View Post
    check out http://www.paypal.com, they have a link on their site for Myanmar Cyclone Relief.
    Yaa, butz how trusty are paypal themselves ? Those who charge like fee for almost everything (even chargebacks) i feel are not just reliable. I still use them but will not consider them for sending money for a good cause !! Who know they might do a chargeback on me for that lolz

I posted this elsewhere in SI forum,
    might help:

The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) was formed in 1963. It is an umbrella organisation for 13 humanitarian aid agencies.
    including the Red Cross

DEC member agencies are signatories to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and NGOs in Disaster Relief.

always use your prefered route for donations to any crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by RH-Scott View Post
    Redcross is a good one as well a
    I'd second red cross....

Although, the real test is to find out how much of your dollar is used with each of the organizations after they cover their administrative costs...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!