Increase of 10% in Orgs

Bad news. Last time i read, i suppose .net was 7% but i was wrong..

The 7% of .com hurt less.

I had around 40% of my portfolio in *.org

------------------------------------------

The Associated Press reports that wholesale fees for Internet addresses ending in ".org" will increase 10 percent on November 9th this year. The Public Interest Registry, which operates the ".org" domain name, disclosed the planned fee increase in a recent letter to ICANN, the Internet's key oversight agency. The increase brings the annual fee to $6.75. Last year, PIR imposed a 2.5 percent fee increase to $6.15. The per-name fee is what PIR collect annually from registrars, the companies that sell domain names on their behalf. Such charges are generally incorporated in the prices companies, groups and individuals pay to register names, and they apply to new registrations, transfers and renewals.

PIR did not cite a reason in its letter. The fee increase does not require ICANN's approval and will be implemented as stated.

With nearly 7 million names registered, ".org" is the world's sixth most popular domain name suffix. Although the suffix was originally intended for organizations like nonprofits, the designator is now open to anyone who wants to use it.

Earlier this year, VeriSign Inc., the company that keeps the master list of domain names ending in ".com" and ".net," also announced price increases. Effective Oct. 1, the annual fee for ".com" names will go up 7 percent to $6.86 and the ".net" fee will increase 10 percent to $4.23. Both suffixes also are available to any company, group or individual.

Source: Associated Press Release - May 9th, 2008
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

Well it is not that much especially if you manage your domain name in a way that brings you enough money. What do you do with these domains? Do you have them parked or use them for websites?
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

I use mainly as non profit Websites.. And many of my important are orgs, and the com and net redirect to them.

I think around 400 orgs at the moment of my around 850 portfolio.

With the size of attacks and the amount of increasing traffic you just knew that pricing would keep going up and up. That is just a given. It costs more to run these domains now then it has before.
    Hey... At least they are not $150 per year or higher like they "used" to be.

I dont understand your comment =P

Anyway, is more plauisible for me move the coms to name.com and renew early 2 times eachos of the importants ...

Does anyone record or know of a site that shows historic fees imposed on registrars over the years, for the few major TLDs?