Promoting Blog Visibility

What are some effective ways to promote a blog? I know blog activity optimizes your blog, but I can compete with the content generation of some blogs, so I am looking for alternatives.

Hi -

You can promote a blog in the same way as you promote your website. With blogs, you have more advantages.

Google prefers blog more than a website, some of you might argue on this but yes it has been proven a blog is indexed much faster than adding a new page on a website.

Let me give you few tips:

1- Install ALL IN ONE SEO plugin if you are using wordpress.

2- Use widgets like Blog Rush and MyBlogLog.

3- Use the social bookmarking plugin for each post.

4- Update the content atleast 3 times in a week.

Hope that helps.
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

blog contest with a good prize
    then ask bloggers in your niche to announce it

You need to also optimize your blog for search engine that will increase the visibility & traffic.

actually the most effective way to promote your blog is to develop good relationships with other bloggers in your niche

What are some effective ways to promote a blog? I know blog activity optimizes your blog, but I can compete with the content generation of some blogs, so I am looking for alternatives.
    I believe that the most effective is interesting and attractive content. I think it is the best way. Paying for posting - getting lots of flooders which are being paid by you.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

I've found the following plugins to be quite useful in getting traffic and exposure to a blog:

External links plugin
    All in one SEO plugin
    Optimized title plugin
    Social Bookmaker plugin

Most importantly update the blog frequently with fresh content and organic traffic should pickup as with any other well maintained blog/site.