Best Option? Dual Xeon 2.4 / Xeon 3075 / Core2Duo E6750 / Quad Core X3210

I'm thinking in changing my actual dedicated server, but I'm not sure if I will win with the change.
    I use it for web hosting, but I am going to need a lot of Mysql use.
    I also want to work with Flash Media Server or Red5, but I have the project stopped.

All are almost in the same price. What do you recommend me?
    I have never touched Linux and my Server is Windows 2003, do you recommend me to change to Linux?

Thanks all

------------------------------------
    Intel Xeon 3075
    2x 2.66 GHz L2: 4 MB, FSB: 1333 MHz
    4 GB DDR2
    HD 2x 750 GB
    SATA2 RAID HARD 1
    Ping: 60 ms
    -------------------------------------
    Core2Duo E6750
    2x 2.66 GHz L2: 4 MB, FSB: 1333 MHz
    4 GB DDR2
    HD 2x 750 GB
    SATA2 RAID HARD 1
    Ping: 60 ms
    -------------------------------------
    Dell R200 Quad Core X3210, 2.13GHz/2x4M 1066FSB
    Intel Quad Core 2.13GHz
    RAM 2GB 667MHz Dual Rank ECC (2X1GB)
    HD 250GB SATA (7,200rpm)
    Ping: 40
    --------------------------------------
    Now I have:
    2 x Intel Xeon 2.40 Ghz Compaq Prol DL 360 G3
    Intel Xeon 2.40 Ghz
    1 GB RAM (PC2100 Mhz ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM
    HD 80 GB UATA
    Cache 512
    Ping: 40 ms

Any of the above servers will be a considerable upgrade from what you have.

As for moving to Linux, I would recommend you try a managed server since it's a completely different environment than Windows. If you don't know your way around it, you'll have a heck of a time getting things done.

Just my two cents...

JoseQ

The Intel Xeon 3075 will perform good.

It's hard to say because all has too much diference over ram,hdd so depends on what you will place on it and how much space you need.

Actually I only use 30 Gb, so HD is not going to be the MASTER reason.

The Xeon and Core2Duo has FTP Backup of 750 GB, and RAID that I still don't know if use in mirror mode for security or the other mode (don't remember in english) for speed.

My idea is to use it for general server (web, mail, etc...) and install new Mysql application that will be very used.

I think I should migrate to Linux as soon as possible, but I have 10 years of experience with Windows Servers and nothing in Linux, so I think it's too risky.

Also my doubt is about ping... Is the loss of 20 ms noticeable in Ajax and MySQL Environments?

Thanks all

Are the servers you listed all from the same company? If so, it's possible that they are reselling from different data centers and the server with the extra 20ms is just in a different geographic location that's further away from your location.

To answer your specific question, 20 ms likely won't be noticeable for anything except sensitive interactive sessions (for instance, gaming). For web environments, 20 ms won't be noticeable.
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

imo Lot of MySQL = max CPU + good RAM + superfast HDD
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Thanks Msherman. No, the 40 ms and 60 ms are both from different companies.

But, thinking only in the CPU power for hosting, mysql, etc... which should be your elections?
    Is there considerable differences?
    I have found CPU comparatives from workstations in tomshardware, but anything about Server CPUs.

Here are processors bench.
    But I would search mysql for there bench to see witch plataform perform better in mysql.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/ is a good place to do ur research but I would go with the Quad Core.

Thanks for that URL.
    I have found that my "Dual Xeon 2.4" has only 687 points when my T7500 laptop has 1194 ;-)

I have found the Core2Duo E6750 has 1500 points, but I don't see the Xeon 3075 and the QuadCore X3210 to have an idea of their power.

As you say, QuadCore seems more powerful, but the other provider has 4 Gb RAM (vs 2), 2x750 Gb HD (vs 250)and could be used for mirror or stripe (please, which is better for Mysql?) and a Backup of 750 Gb (vs anything)... make elections are difficult in this life... ;-)

Well, nobody can really know exactly how much your application is going to eat in terms of resources today or next month, so we can't really say "this is the best choice".

Mirror RAID is generally better for MySQL as it provides redundancy for your data. In a RAID0 array if one of your drive fails, the data is gone. You should just try to find something made for what you need, but I'm guessing you're on a limited budget?
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by cpt_garfio View Post
    Thanks for that URL.
    I have found that my "Dual Xeon 2.4" has only 687 points when my T7500 laptop has 1194 ;-)

I have found the Core2Duo E6750 has 1500 points, but I don't see the Xeon 3075 and the QuadCore X3210 to have an idea of their power.

As you say, QuadCore seems more powerful, but the other provider has 4 Gb RAM (vs 2), 2x750 Gb HD (vs 250)and could be used for mirror or stripe (please, which is better for Mysql?) and a Backup of 750 Gb (vs anything)... make elections are difficult in this life... ;-)
    The quad you said is there if not a slower our little faster version is make sure you check the right page (High and middle end our commum cpus)

Search a little for the info come on you want us to build it for you?