Drupal VPS Hosting or Clustered?

Hi,

I just purchased a site yesterday that uses runs Drupal and uses 75 gigs bandwidth a month and gets around 3800 visitors a day.

Was looking for something that could handle this type of traffic without spending a fortune on a dedicated.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Kaiser Sose; 05-08-2008 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Sose View Post
    Hi,

I just purchased a site yesterday that uses runs Drupal and uses 75 gigs bandwidth a month and gets around 3800 visitors a day.
    How many page views? Drupal 4.7/5/6? What modules do you have? Some of the modules can be quite CPU intensive. Also what's the ratio of registered members vs. visitors? Drupal's page cache only works with visitors (although it can be very effective).

In comparison, I have a Drupal (4.7+lots of customised modules) site with around 8,000 visitors a day and 60GB/month on a 360MB Linux VPS, and the 1 minute load avg rarely goes above 0.5.

You could probably run on a 256MB XEN VPS, 512 if you want to have some leg room. No fortune

I thought I'd let you know that I host a Drupal site that gets around 3,800 visitors a day (255,000 page views a month) and I host it on a VPS with 360mb of ram. Everything works great - it does depend on what modules you have enabled though. So let me know some of the details please.
    Last edited by mjwest10; 09-16-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: More acurate numbers and fixed typo
    I Host at Linode for my VPS (VDS) needs.
    Check out my Linode FAQ for why I do.