directory in /tmp deleted

For some reason, the caching directory I created for eaccelerator deleted by itself. There are 2 copies of eaccelerator, one for apache and one for litespeed. The one for Apache got deleted today. Could it be due to the fact that the directory hasn't been modified or accessed in nearly 2 weeks? It's been that long since Apache was used.

Were other directories deleted? Has the server been rebooted during the last 2 weeks? Regardless of the age of the directory, I can't think of any logical reason or program that would remove it, even if it is in the /tmp location.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

I think a few other directories were deleted too. Well, seems that many files starting with sess were also deleted, that's what hinted me. I haven't rebooted the server in over 6 months.

Interesting. To your knowledge do you have any shell scripts that are set to clean out the /tmp directory after so many days or hours?

This would generally be done via a crontab, and you can view your crontabs by typing: crontab -e -u root

No such scripts, this is the first time I've noticed this ever since switching to another webserver with eaccelerator.