Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrunyon View Post
    Experiences are fine... vague, inaccurate metaphors and generalized negativity with no detail shared to back it up are not.

Hence the suggestion to the OP to USE THE SEARCH FEATURE.

You see the dead horse laying here, yes? It's someone else's turn now.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Yeah, there are some stories about these two. But anyway it depends on how you want to use your hosting service.
    I can't divide these two, but if I were you, I'd go for 1and1.

One of my bad experiences from 1and1 was completely ridiculous. I wanted to transfer a domain from 1and1 to GoDaddy, so I did the obvious thing. I requested a domain transfer(seems proper?). I had emailed 1and1 as instructed to so they could approve the transfer. Not only did they not let me transfer the domain, but even after several emails they would not respond to me. Huge disappointment to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET) View Post
    I'm interested to hear what others have experienced as well.
    I've been with 1 and 1 for about two years. While it's not quite a 'life changing experience', it has been almost trouble free. But I would caution would be customers, "Read ALL the fine print". The free offers have strings attached.

Quote Originally Posted by sjtalk9 View Post
    Which one is better in shared hosting between godaddy and 1&1?
    Hmmm,
    more a case of which one is the least bad, nobody will agree but 1&1 UK/Euro I consider to be less bad than 1&1 US.
    GoDaddy's support is prob. more flexable than 1&1's.

But these are simply my own views/opinions, best to do a WHT & Google search.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaD View Post
    "Read ALL the fine print".
    And Strictly stick/comply with there 'Procedures'.

I use both.

It depends if you are talking about domain registration or hosting.

But, I would give GoDaddy the nod for both.

1and1 is more expensive, less responsive, and their control panel is harder to use.

Yet, 1and1 hosting seems stable enough.

I would've bought more domains and hosting from 1and1, but their control panel is so underpowered and unresponsive, it pushed me back to GoDaddy and other registrars.

godaddy hosting sucks

Unless the only thing you ever want to use on your site is straight html

It takes 24 hours to get any response to an inquiry and often the answer is wrong or incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
    Unless the only thing you ever want to use on your site is straight html

It takes 24 hours to get any response to an inquiry and often the answer is wrong or incomplete.
    Was this with 1and1 or GoDaddy? How long were you with said provider?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I have 2 clients that have sites hosted on GoDaddy...still. For at least 6 months now. It is false economy on their part because they have to pay me extra to communicate - slowly - with GoDaddy plus try all these contortions to try and get things - like flash, php apps etc. to work.

You can imagine how long it takes to resolve an issue when they send out a reply only every 24 hours. It can take 2 weeks to get a straight answer simply because the first answers they send are canned (prescripted cut and paste) and often are not relevant to the question you asked. So you need to ask again and wait another 24 hours and hope that they actually read your question and have an answer and that the answer they sent is correct which often it is not or is, again, an answer but not to the one you asked and on and on and on...

Godaddy is fine for domain registration but not for hosting. Sometimes things on servers go whacky and having to wait 24 hours for a response to an inquiry is simply unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrunyon View Post
    Experiences are fine... vague, inaccurate metaphors and generalized negativity with no detail shared to back it up are not.
    What, is it FUD to point out the obvious that neither GoDaddy or 1and1 have great reputations? Is it false to say that we tend to see more bad reviews about them than good ones?

Metaphors aren't FUD unless they are predicated on bad data. The metaphor of comparing a bad car with a host that has predominantly bad reviews is fine. The car may still get you where you want to go, but there's still a good chance you'll have a bad experience.

I'm glad the car got you to where you wanted to go, and I'm glad for your life-changing experience with them, but just because others don't share in your enthusiasm doesn't mean they're spreading FUD.

I go for 1and1 but I use something more better !

Quote Originally Posted by adrianzak View Post
    I go for 1and1 but I use something more better !
    Would you like to expand on that ?
    Whats the 'something better' ?

I go for 1and1.

Quote Originally Posted by LittlePig111 View Post
    I go for 1and1.
    Have you ever used them in the past? In order to recommend a host here at WHT, you have to have previous experience with them.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12