What would you charge for this setup?

What would you charge for this setup? Dedicated server - in a big datacenter using their tech support for the small stuff, I'll have to drive down for the big stuff - they are unmanaged and if a server blows up will be down until I can get new parts to them - if late at night then the next day. Server specs
    • 2.4Ghz Athlon 64
    • 2x250GB Drives
    • 2GB RAM
    • 10Mb uplink
    • 2400GB traffic
    • 8 mo old
    What would you charge or change? In looking around there is so much price variation - some larger providers can dump nice servers and make up somewhere else. (disclaimer - yes these are posted in offers section - just need advice on pricing here - thanks).
    Mochabomb - Web Design + Hosting for Geeks

Probably, you do not have to drive into the datacenter each time there is a failed part. Buy everything twice and have them in the datacenter as spare parts - and each time something fails the technicians can swap it for a fee (remote hands).

Moreover, it does not make sense to colocate such a server - leasing it would be less expensive. It makes sense to colocate lots of server or in your case a monster server.
    Antonis Adamakos @ FuzzFree :: Fully Managed Web Hosting, Development, Online Marketing

Yes - we have the remote hands - extra parts - good idea... Currently however we are "live" - a web design client last summer wanted his own servers and I wanted to do web hosting - so tired of shared hosting and the weak performance. Fast forward to Feb 2008 (and many details left out) I now own 3 servers and the colocation agreement is in place - great price also. Thus I ask - what would you charge for this setup? I am using 2 boxes and I have power/space for one more box. Once a box is leased out then will setup the 4th box - agreement made with the wife - buy more when can justify, right?. With Servertweak I got a killer deal on space/power/BW so did not want to give up, plus I have a few shared clients - and the web design is carrying the colocation bill for now..

Unmanaged without a control panel - about $70/mo.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Tina - thank you - what if managed/semi-managed/CP?

If you can get an internal license from the DC, like cPanel, add another $35/month. And depending on the level of management you want to offer, you could probably add another $75-150/month for management services. It really heavily depends upon what your customer wants, and what they are willing to pay. :-)
    WebHostingPeriod.com
    Affordable, Reliable Web Hosting.... Period!

For unmanaged I'd charge between $80/mo and $120/mo.
    ModulaOne Network - Premium, Reliable, & Affordable
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee. 15 Day Money-Back Guarantee.
    cPanel/ WHM | Nginx + Varnish | CloudFlare | Softaculous