Reselling Server

Hello,
    I am quite new in the hosting business. I want to start selling dedicated servers. This site seems to b a good place to start doing research. So any recommendations / ideas would be very great.

John

maybe become one of the loads of bursnet resellers they seem to be the most popular for resellers it used to be fdc

also if your new to dedicated i wouldnt realy consider reselling till you know how to admin a server as most users expect extra from resellers like management and stuff
    Last edited by iand; 05-08-2008 at 04:41 AM. Reason: grr time ibought new keyboard i think

I think that you'd better try to learn the businees and start with shared web hosting reselling. And then add dedicated servers reselling. I think that you are going to very huge start.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Pils View Post
    What location do You preffer? USA, Europe? Azia?
    Preffered Location is in the US. And also, want to resell in Europe.

I am not totally new. I have been reselling shared hositng for a while now. I have also been relling sub-reseller accounts.

another point is dont be getting caught up with hosts that offer unlimited bandwith if you do start reselling as theres a cut of point for every kind of bandwith no bandwith is unlimited

If you are going to resell dedicated servers just make sure you do your research on their support. Since you will rely on their techs at times you dont want to be in a position where you have a customer with a problem and are unable to reach the data center for help. You end up getting yelled out for things that are out of your control. I would advise you make a list of 3 or 4 companies that look good to you and try out their support department in the middle of the night. The ones you are unable to get ahold of can be scratched off the list. This is a real easy way to narrow down your options. Ideally you also want to look for a provider that can give you remote reboot and/or KVM over IP access for your servers. This helps limit the situations mentioned above. Good luck.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

hey all, thank you for all the informations. I think I will stick around here for a while before I make some decision

or you can resell unmanaged server and bundle a pms type deal with every server
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnandrew View Post
    I want to start selling dedicated servers.

Have you decided what sort of servers are you going to sell? ie managed or unmanaged ones? If you can provide managed at competitive prices it would be better option.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Have you decided what sort of servers are you going to sell? ie managed or unmanaged ones? If you can provide managed at competitive prices it would be better option.
    Yeah I am also thinking that. Managed Dedi will give me better money. Lets see how things go.

Question to Dedicated Reselling

Hi, I have a question,

If we are offering Dedicated Servers,

The customer can buy direct from the DC, if he knows, why would he buy from us and how do we justify it, what point do you have to support yourself, as prices of DCs are clearly visible on all their websites except RackSpace or a few more, any suggestions or ideas on how to white-label your dedicated server offerings.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by hostedlayer View Post
    Hi, I have a question,

The customer can buy direct from the DC, if he knows, why would he buy from us and how do we justify it, what point do you have to support yourself, as prices of DCs are clearly visible on all their websites except RackSpace or a few more, any suggestions or ideas on how to white-label your dedicated server offerings.

Regards
    The difference is in terms of pricing.
    The DC will give you discounts which will allow you to offer lower pricing compared to them.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Quote Originally Posted by hostedlayer View Post
    Hi, I have a question,

Regards

If the web host you're looking at offers reseller or "bulk server" discounts you'll be able to shave down your costs a bit.

The real margins show up though when you tack on value added services (such as management) or you resell concentrated services on each system (ie. take a server and turn it into a VPS system for several customers or use it for shared hosting).
    Take 2 Hosting, Inc. - Hosting Done Right
    Fully automated setup - new servers in as little as 10 minutes
    http://www.take2hosting.com/

hmm. I think shared hosting businnes is difficult these days.

Just do not forget before you jump on the provider to study their network. Most of the known providers here experienced a lot of downtime.

Use the search button also if you decide to go on a specific provider.

Good luck!
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001