hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Running a Web Hosting Business : What to put in Welcome e-mail and Skeleton Directory (for placeholder page)?

Forum Jump

What to put in Welcome e-mail and Skeleton Directory (for placeholder page)?

Reply Post New Thread In Running a Web Hosting Business Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Web Hosting Guru

What to put in Welcome e-mail and Skeleton Directory (for placeholder page)?

I need to polish up my hosting services for friends and family and their friends and family as my friend want's his site setup by Saturday with this info (as a hobby only) and need some examples and advice on what to put in the placeholder page as well as the welcome e-mail. Examples would be the best as a pictures worth a thousand words (I am not wanting to get into the web hosting business, just want to cover my server rental hosts, utilize my server and pay my Internet and phone bill so don't worry I am not trying to take your customers, (unless they are my close friends )). here is what I have so far for the placeholder page. www.harrisonmedia.com/test.php

Thanks all.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 05:17 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Anyone? I am pulling hair trying to write this thing.

Thanks

Old 05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Web Hosting Master

For the placeholder page: Just a quick note saying its been set up. What we do is have our logo and a quick message saying the account has been set up but not yet been customised. It doesn't need to be complicated at all, you could even use the default ones.

For the email: Logon details for control panel, FTP, nameservers/domain settings and email details. If its your friends and family and not commercial then it doesn't need to be amazingly slick and professional, it just needs to tell them the things they need to know to use the webhosting.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Web Hosting Guru

One friend wants it slick, as on a case by case basis I will host friends and family of friends and family. Here is the e-mail I am working (Stationary for Mail.app) https://www.safe-house.ca/Hosting.html

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Ads Available for the Second Printing of WHIR’s Annual Hottest Hosts Directory Blog 2014-04-08 16:52:36
Hostway Corporation Listing 2014-04-24 09:32:44
Book Your Spot in the WHIR's 6th Annual Hottest Hosts Directory Before it's Too Late! Blog 2014-01-10 12:31:05
Newtek Web Hosting Listing 2014-04-24 09:32:35
Page.ly Grows Managed WordPress Hosting Platform with BlogDroid Acquisition Web Hosting News 2013-06-27 15:43:37