* vanilla mysql and phpmyadmin << confused ??>>

well i am on an VPS , i want to know how different
    vanilla mysql is from mysql

since i got vanilla mysql , and want to use Phpmyadmin is it paossible with vanilla or i have to insall mysql??

also my old site database was installed on Mysql , would it work the same with vanilla mysql ?

also how can i create an sql dataabe , username , passwrd using vaniall mysql ?

And do i have to unistall vanilla mysql to install mysql

thanks in advance.

Unless you are referring to the discussion forum Vanilla, the term "vanilla" is not a special version of MySQL as far as I know. "vanilla" is a generic term that refers to a "plain install" of something, without any extras.

So a "vanilla" MySQL install would probably be a plain/standard install without any extra modules/storage engines. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraid View Post
    Unless you are referring to the discussion forum Vanilla, the term "vanilla" is not a special version of MySQL as far as I know. "vanilla" is a generic term that refers to a "plain install" of something, without any extras.

So a "vanilla" MySQL install would probably be a plain/standard install without any extra modules/storage engines. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
    I had not responded to this post, as I was confused on what the OP meant. I think you're right Samuraid.