Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Best Euro Server Host/Network

Anyone have a good idea on who the best host is in the Euro region? We're looking for a gigabit unmetered dedicated connection in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by radiostorm View Post
    Anyone have a good idea on who the best host is in the Euro region? We're looking for a gigabit unmetered dedicated connection in Europe.
    At any price?

Most of the time, the best host means the cheapest So perhaps you can elaborate a bit on 'the best'.
    SuperRacks Ltd European Hosting
    We serve you with custom services
    Visit our website or ask for a custom quote
    Quality linux and Windows hosting, servers and collocation

Check leaseweb, they have unmetered servers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pils View Post
    Check leaseweb, they have unmetered servers too.
    Are you a customer of Leaseweb ?

there is no best host host thers only the best for you

I read in another post that Ecatel offers unmetered gigabit servers too.

Any host can offer unmetered solutions, it's only up to you to consider what you can spend and if you wish to pay a bit more for quality. Off course there are enough budget providers around, but also better companies where you pay that bit extra.
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

I m looking for a dedicated server with unmeterd bandwidth in Amsterdam but still in doubt which choice to make. Too many times I notice pros and cons on this forum about apparent rivalry companies. Still, having taken all in consideration, it looks to be a two horse race: Leaseweb or Ecatel. I'm absolutely new to this market and in dire need of some solid information from people who really know the ins and outs. Still then I imagine its hard to decide which way to go.

Ecatel seems to get the best feedback on this forum. I shot them an email, we'll see how it goes.

Dedicated server: Leaseweb or Ecatel or ...............?

Ecatel seems to get the best feedback on this forum. I shot them an email, we'll see how it goes.
    I have had servers in the past by word of mouth, first time I'm trying to get a server via a forum. What I noticed is when somebody starts a topic it seems to end up in a contest between pro and con artists (forget the pun). Should I start a topic then ? Will I get some reaction then ? Up to now I had no reaction.
    You advise me to shoot them both an email ?

Radiostorm please keep me informed.

And no, best in my case did not mean cheap. I have the money for the investment, whatever it may be, but I want to make sure it's RELIABLE and STABLE.

And no, best in my case did not mean cheap. I have the money for the investment, whatever it may be, but I want to make sure it's RELIABLE and STABLE.
    I second this scheme...

In Europe there are many well respected dedicated server providers. Here a shortlist:

Netherlands

I3D
    Solidhost
    Rackedge
    Leaseweb
    Superracks

---

Germany

Hetzner
    1&1

---

UK

Fasthosts
    rackspace
    1&1
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    In Europe there are many well respected dedicated server providers. Here a shortlist:

Netherlands

I3D
    Solidhost
    Rackedge
    Leaseweb
    Superracks

---

Germany

Hetzner
    1&1

---

UK

Fasthosts
    rackspace
    1&1
    Most of them dont have their own network which means you'll be better off looking at their host, is what I think ? I'm still interested to know more about hte differences between Leaseweb and Ecatel, both companies being in datacenters where nobody else seems te be present. Both these companies seem to have it all their own way. Which one to choose ?

Quote Originally Posted by XS42 View Post
    Both these companies seem to have it all their own way. Which one to choose ?
    It depends what your preferences are:

- Ecatel is a small company, Leaseweb is very big.

- With Ecatel you have personal contact with the owner, with leaseweb you deal with engineers.

- Ecatel leases their DC space, Leaseweb owns their space.

- Ecatel sends most of their International traffic trough TInet (Tiscali), Leaseweb has a large amount of transit providers (Abovenet, Telia, Globalcrossing, KPN Eurorings and Teleglobe).

So do you prefer to deal with a very small company with personal contact with the owner or a robust large company with a lot of employees? both have their pros and cons.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 05-10-2008 at 07:07 AM.
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Exclamation

- With Ecatel you have personal contact with the owner, with leaseweb you deal with engineers.

- Ecatel sends most of their International traffic trough TInet (Tiscali), Leaseweb has a large amount of transit providers (Abovenet, Telia, Globalcrossing, KPN Eurorings and Teleglobe).

So do you prefer to deal with a very small company with personal contact with the owner or a robust large company with a lot of employees? both have their pros and cons.
    I just want to sort this out, we have 7 people working fulltime for us. Two of them are shareholders and one is CEO.

A fair resume.

I should prefer dealing with ecatel than a bigboy like 1and1, not you!?!... any fan of bigboy, here?...

It would also help if you specify more than just the Euro region. That covers a vast majority of space and there are many providers not yet mentioned in this thread. If you narrow down a specific area, we can provide you with better results based on personal experience.

I think you should go with FastHosts.co.uk, they have extremely fast connections and are really popular in the UK. For fast connections in France, I would go with DediBox.fr as they also have extremely fast connections (But you have to be a French resident). Goodluck!

Telia has the best european network, no contest, also soon a major fiber ring will open, stretching from Paris down to Madrid, lyon, marseielle, bilbao and around. Will be a major improvement in Telias network.

ServerBoost.co.uk , great company

exportal.pl

Dino is great

Windows 2003 server uptime: 231 days
    Debian server uptime: 142 days
    Last edited by ex3me; 05-11-2008 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ex3me View Post
    Windows 2003 server uptime: 231 days
    I hope you realize that that's a bad thing? Not installing Windows updates for almost 8 months isn't exactly smart

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast