Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Webkeeper ?

  1. #1

    Webkeeper ?

    Hello,
    I saw this ad through google - http://www.webkeepers.com/vps/vps_lite.html . Seems too good to be true - except that it is $20 for setup.

    Any thoughts / feedback / reviews from anyone who has dealt with them?


    Please note : This is NOT the same as "webkeepers" (http://en.webk.net/) that you will find if you search for them on WHT.

  2. #2

    Exclamation webkeepers.com

    Quote Originally Posted by pushkar View Post
    Hello,
    I saw this ad through google - . Seems too good to be true - except that it is $20 for setup.

    Any thoughts / feedback / reviews from anyone who has dealt with them?


    Please note : This is NOT the same as "webkeepers" .
    Yep, Webkeepers VPS Pro plan looks quite attractive. I'm also thinking about to buy VPS from there. By the way, arent those both webpages from same company?

    What kind of user experience you have with Webkeepers?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by pushkar View Post

    Please note : This is NOT the same as "webkeepers" (http://en.webk.net/) that you will find if you search for them on WHT.
    How can you so sure about it? But it seems their whois administrative contact shows....

  4. #4

    webkeepers.com & webk.net

    In the webpage they states: "Welcome to WEBKEEPERS! We are new division of WEBK.NET."

    Any comments of them?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,882
    You can find some reviews by searching if there is any. It seems only a few you are going to get.
    Please use this link for your search and hope this helps.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    You can find some reviews by searching if there is any. It seems only a few you are going to get.
    Please use this link for your search and hope this helps.
    It seems that there is almost no user experience of them. Very strange?

  7. #7
    Try to avoid Webkeepers.com!
    You get what you pay for!
    I have one terrible month with Webkeepers.com recently. I sign up annually for the second plan cost around $10/month. My site down too frenquently, about 7-8 times a day and about 3-4 hours. My mailbox was full of warning emails from site monitoring stated that my site was down.
    I tried to contact VPS support several times and they said thay had done somethings. But no change, my site still downed frequently.
    I use Joomla 1.5.6 for my main page and Free upload script. Later, I stop uploadscript as they said their VPSs were working normally and that problem's my fault. However, my site was still down too often.

    Another minus point, they charged $20 when I claimed my refund. So I have $20 spent and one month of frustration.

    Be ware! Avoid this hosting providers. Even I use shared hosting, I don't have any downtime like Webkeepers.com VPS.

    If you want more proofs, just send me your email address, and I will forward All of site down emails to you as you can see my mailbox was full of annoying thing resulted from bad bad VPS.

  8. #8

    *

    Quote Originally Posted by gamelord View Post
    Try to avoid Webkeepers.com!
    You get what you pay for!
    I have one terrible month with Webkeepers.com recently. I sign up annually for the second plan cost around $10/month. My site down too frenquently, about 7-8 times a day and about 3-4 hours. My mailbox was full of warning emails from site monitoring stated that my site was down.
    I tried to contact VPS support several times and they said thay had done somethings. But no change, my site still downed frequently.
    I use Joomla 1.5.6 for my main page and Free upload script. Later, I stop uploadscript as they said their VPSs were working normally and that problem's my fault. However, my site was still down too often.

    Another minus point, they charged $20 when I claimed my refund. So I have $20 spent and one month of frustration.

    Be ware! Avoid this hosting providers. Even I use shared hosting, I don't have any downtime like Webkeepers.com VPS.

    If you want more proofs, just send me your email address, and I will forward All of site down emails to you as you can see my mailbox was full of annoying thing resulted from bad bad VPS.
    Thanks, is there any other hosting company that you could recommend?

    I'm searching VPS 256MB+ hosting which include Plesk8 without "extra fee" (in the price Webkeeper's price range).

  9. #9
    well i just bought the same package as you did (but by month to see how it's go) last night about 9.57 pm and miss a call of confirmation about 10.37 pm (was taken a s***).i call right after and no way to get and answer,have been calling several time to verified the deal a speed up the process of installation but looks like it wont happen until Monday.
    that's not a good start.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •