Need a web host which can handle proxy websites

Hi, I am looking for few web hosts which can manage proxy websites. Any guidance and pointers will be highly appreciated. My Budget is fairly flexible provided I am getting what I am paying for.

Thanks

Can you be more specific about the type of proxy? You aren't just asking about a web based proxy I assume, right?

Hi,

Most hosts should allow proxy sites as long as it's for private use, such as phproxy hosting. But if you need to host public proxies that are web based, I'd recommend going with a DEDICATED Server or Virtual Dedicated Server.

Good luck and be sure to research thoroughly!

Cheers
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

@Citrex for users just fresh into proxy hosting, a host actually dedicating server only for proxy sites, shall be able to handle the users account, personally for my own proxy sites i got server for it, but since i did not have enough proxies, or rather did not have time to develop more just provided it for hosting other proxy sites. So if the op wants to get his own Dedicated , only get it if you have over 15 proxy sites of your own and does not want to become proxy host. Otherwise running a dedicated alone for proxies becomes non-profitable as proxies can loose traffic so quick and hence revenue drops !!

Cheers

Yes I am looking for web based proxies only. What other kind of proxies can be hosted ?

Any idea how to look for a proxy host here at WHT ?

Maybe run it at your own on vps?

On most VPS that kind of web hosting might be not allowed. You need to make sure about it first. And Proxy web hosting used to be separate kind of web hosting, so maybe it worth to google aboit it?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.