Hostnetway cancel/contact where?

I was along time customer of Hostnetway. And as you may know, they been gone for long time now. Most of my sites were still up on their servers so I stayed hoping they would come back. I lost one site's database somehow. But figured I could rebuild and be ok.

Well they haven't came back. So I moved my sites to new host. But I am still getting billed by hostnetway auto billing. There is no contact avenue open to contact them to cancel.

What shold I do? Do I call my lawyer and have them look into taking this to courts? I refuse to keep paying for a service that mysteriously has no owner, no services, no customer support, and no way out.

Thoughts or options? Please help me out.

Thanks

Contacting your credit card company and explaining the issue may help prevent the auto-billing and any further charges. If you do not have an active service with them your credit card company should be able to assist in the billing issues.

I tried that. Trouble is the card used is drawn from a bank account. The bank stated they can not block reoccuring billing. And they advised best option in this case is to close account and open a new account. But then I have hundreds of checks already bought for this account, I have numerous direct deposits going into the account; there are numerous auto withdrawls.

Basically everyhting is tied to this account and I am gonna have to cancel everything and resubmit everything to get the new account up and running, with my auto despoits and withdrawls, and be out $ for the wasted checks. Not to mention the time its gonna take me to get everthing back inline and then have to wait days-weeks for new cards and checks to arrive.

If I have to go this route, I most likely will have to use my lawyer, to cover all the costs/timeloss I'm going to have from this issue. And if I have to go this far, will probably have to go all the way back for previous billings with no services provided back to atleast November 07.

Any other options beside asking card Company to block billing?

Thanks