Thank you WHT. I went with Precision Effect

A couple months ago I brought my question to these forums:

I needed business grade hosting and didn't mind paying a bit more for better quality. A poster here recommended Precision Effect and after checking them out I went with them.

During the migration process I had a few questions for tech support. They were always available and instantly answered anything I asked. Top notch. Now my site is all set up. It's a bandwidth intensive site, but its screaming fast. Every page loads instantly.

Thank you WHT posters and thank you Precision Effect.

A satisfied customer.

Glad to hear a satisfied and happy customer here.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Give us a review in a few months

Always happy to see a satisfied customer, be sure to come back in the near future to give us further updates!

Good luck
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

You won't regret your decision. I can assure you.

Thank you Marlz for the review and everyone else for their positive comments.

We're glad to be your home for your website.

Thanks for the review.

I'll be sure to check this site out for hosting needs sometime soon.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review, you have no idea how invaluable that is.

OP's original thread for reference: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=674010

I have been having some trouble with my current webhost, which is basically overselling and acting all surprised when I try to use a little bit of my "unlimited" space & bandwidth. I'm wondering if a host like Precision Effect is more in line with what I need. Their raw numbers aren't so impressive, but I guess that just means they're not overselling?

My site is for my freelance film/game/media scoring work. It gets very little traffic (most visitors are there by invitation), but it's full of streaming media, and once a month or so I'll upload a large amount of high-quality audio (say 1 gig or so) for a client to download. I need a host that's fast and can actually support that kind of activity.

Any comments on Precision Effect or other hosts that might be good for this site would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Conor
    Last edited by CobraTrumpet; 05-08-2008 at 04:39 AM.

Talking

Can I ask what you are looking for in the way of Space & Bandwidth...?

I see roughly there 1GB so I am assuming this is what you are afer, How about Bandwidth?

Jaxair

Quote Originally Posted by CobraTrumpet View Post
    I have been having some trouble with my current webhost, which is basically overselling and acting all surprised when I try to use a little bit of my "unlimited" space & bandwidth. I'm wondering if a host like Precision Effect is more in line with what I need. Their raw numbers aren't so impressive, but I guess that just means they're not overselling?

My site is for my freelance film/game/media scoring work. It gets very little traffic (most visitors are there by invitation), but it's full of streaming media, and once a month or so I'll upload a large amount of high-quality audio (say 1 gig or so) for a client to download. I need a host that's fast and can actually support that kind of activity.

Any comments on Precision Effect or other hosts that might be good for this site would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
    Conor
    Last edited by net; 05-08-2008 at 05:17 AM.

Yeah, I will report back after a few months as well.

One thing of note is that I am on their PrecisionPro for Business plan which they describe as:

Hosting a web site for your business? With our new PrecisionPro for Business service, your web site is hosted on a server with up to 90% less customers than a traditional shared hosting platform. As a result of this, your site is provided with more resources, which translates to faster page loads and greater reliability. PrecisionPro data is stored on multiple hard drives within a RAID array and backed up daily to an off-site location. All new plans are also created in our failover-enabled environment to ensure that your site is always online. Below are the specs of our latest and greatest hosting plan:

* 10GB of Data Storage (Plenty of room for your growing web site)
    * 75GB of Bandwidth
    * Failover-enabledFailover Web Hosting
    * 3 Hosted Domains (Two more hosted domains than our standard shared plans)
    * Unlimited Databases, Subdomains, and E-mail Accounts
    * Accelerated PHP environment with eAccelerator
    * View All Features

All PrecisionPro accounts are hosted on Quad Core AMD Opteron processors with 2GB or greater of ECC memory and multiple hard drives in a RAID array.

I would give you my url but I'm afraid that by posting it I would get my bandwidth sucked

Sorry, let me clarify:

"Normal" usage would be maybe 500MB space and 1-2GB bandwidth.

Then there are occasional spikes where I need to upload say 1GB of data and have someone else download it. Then all of a sudden we're up to 1.5GB space and 3-4GB bandwidth, in the space of a few hours (which seems to be the sticking point).

--Conor

Thread Cleaned.

Let's talk about Precision Effect shall we?

Thanks for staying on topic.

Their raw numbers aren't so impressive, but I guess that just means they're not overselling?
    It means they stand a chance of making a profit without overselling. A high price does not imply no overselling though.

Ive been with Precision Effect for a few months now and I'm happy to report that their service and performance has continued to be excellent.

Thank you for reporting back after a few months about your hosting experience.
    This is the way reviews should be written.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Hey Marlz,

Glad to hear that everything is fine with your new hosting company....and thanks for the review!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlz View Post
    Ive been with Precision Effect for a few months now and I'm happy to report that their service and performance has continued to be excellent.
    Thanks for the update -- we're glad you're still satisfied.

Looking at precision effect now as well, thanks for the initial review.

amygdela sends the clients to the right hosters
    hi there!

Thanks for your review. Even though you have just started your journey with them,their initial responses itself made you happy. Come with another review after some time. Congrats Precision Effect for your hard works to maintain the quality.

Come with another review after some time. Congrats Precision Effect for your hard works to maintain the quality.
    Read again it actually was just updated!
    hi there!

I have been with Precision Effect for about six months. The server is very fast - for file, database and web access and the host is very reliable. The tech staff are excellent, very knowledgable and reply quickly.