My experience with M6.net

This is a lesson for everyone, regardless of the type of hosting you're looking for, ALWAYS do your homework first!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it, but in March I signed up with a hosting company based solely on the claims on their website, and their wonderful presales responses to my questions. The company is M6.net.

It started off well enough, sales responded to my list of about 20 questions, and I received my reply during the weekend, which impressed me because I thought I was going to wait until the following Monday to hear back from them. I signed up for their Designer plan, which offers 200gb storage, and 1.2tb of bandwidth, with a max of 17 websites.

I signed up for the account and waited. No account setup confirmation email, nothing. So I submitted a support ticket, and it was resolved quickly. So I'm on my way now. I'm a .Net developer, so the first thing I notice is that .Net is disabled on my account. So I submit a support ticket, it was resolved within an hour.

So now I go about checking on all the other things that are supposed to be included with the account, one of which was smartermail. It was setup using hoarde. So I submit a support ticket. Along the way, there were 3 or 4 other things that I noticed that weren't setup right and needed to be corrected, so I submitted support tickets. This was all on day 1.
    Unlike the first 2 issues, rather than hearing that it's resolved, for all my subsequent tickets I get a response telling me that my issue has been escalated to level3. I don't know what that means because there's no explanation included, but I figure it must mean that my tickets are important.

I don't hear anything back the first day, which is acceptable, because my requests obviously require more attention than my first tickets. So the next day (day 2), I submit another ticket inquiring about the status of all my outstanding tickets. I get a reply telling me that they are working on them.
    All of day 2 passes with no resolution on what should be fairly simple fixes. Day 3 rolls around, and that's when I started getting annoyed. I submitted, you guessed it, a support ticket asking for a status, and I get the same reply, "they are working on them". At this point I'm getting really irritated so I decided to call them to see what was going on.

This was where I started to see the light. A man answered the phone, I could barely understand him because he had a heavy accent (which is no problem in and of itself) but there was also a lot of background noise that sounded like a tv. He answered and mumbled a company name that I could not understand, but it was not "M6", when I replied to him "Oh, I'm sorry, I was trying to reach M6 tech support", he stammered a bit and said something to the effect of "Oh, yes, right, this is M6, can I help you?". To which I replied "No, I really don't think you can", and I hung up.

I had a sinking feeling in my gut, because I realized at that point what a mistake I had made. It was then that I started researching them and found one blistering negative review after another. So on day 3 I submitted a ticket (my last one I might add) and requested that they cancel my account and issue my refund per their 30-day money back guarantee.

I've yet to see the refund.

The fact that you're reading this shows that you're already doing the right thing. Read reviews, weigh the good against the bad, especially watch for hosts who care enough to log on and rebut negative reviews, and ask lots of questions here on WHT.

You did use the cancellation form available in the customer control panel, correct?
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

Quote Originally Posted by daejuanj View Post
    You did use the cancellation form available in the customer control panel, correct?
    I followed their published cancellation instructions to the letter. But I'm not looking for advice on how to get my refund. I posted to alert other users to a potential problem with this particular host.