Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    521

    So who has been playing GTA 4? I have!

    I actually played at a friends house for a bit over Xbox Live and it was really awesome. So awesome, in fact, he was able to convince me to buy a Xbox 360 to play it too (I was planning on buying an Xbox soon already though)

    Anyone else find the online multiplayer really fun?

    It is my first Xbox game. But others that I got a chance to play over Xbox Live I did not find that entertaining.

    Oh yea... $349 in my dreams. Out the door with the Xbox Arcade (no HD), Used HD (making it slightly cheaper than the Premium model), GTA4, and headset for a controller I already had, turned out to be nearly $460!! Oww... my wallet...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    1,975
    I've been playing it, at about 36 percent so far, I just got finished with the bank shootout with the Irish mafia guys
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    Absolutely amazing game! Single Player and Story Mode are extremely entertaining. My hands have hurt for a good week now because of this release

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    West Chester, OH USA
    Posts
    92
    Yes, I actually have been cutting into my busy World of Warcraft schedule to play GTA IV. It is a really beautiful game and the mechanics are really solid.

    I haven't made it very far yet, but I'm having a blast playing. The only thing that bums me out is that there is no local co-op modes (split screen or otherwise). You basically HAVE to pay for a Live account if you want multiplayer.... meh.
    Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    4,028
    Quote Originally Posted by forgueam View Post
    I haven't made it very far yet, but I'm having a blast playing. The only thing that bums me out is that there is no local co-op modes (split screen or otherwise). You basically HAVE to pay for a Live account if you want multiplayer.... meh.
    Pop that free code into your Xbox and get online NOW. I promise you after a couple Team Deathmatch games and some Cops 'n Crooks you'll be keeping it

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    286
    I've been desperately trying to hold out. I played all the others on PC, but not sure I can wait that long. Hmm, I "need" to go to Best Buy tonight to do some gift shopping...
    Nexcess - Magento and Wordpress Hosting Specialists!

  7. #7
    What about that preview movie "Ladies of Liberty City", it's pretty sick, and it's partly to blame for all the negative press.

    But honestly, who plays the serial killer game like that: picking up prostitutes and killing them?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by douglasdcin View Post
    What about that preview movie "Ladies of Liberty City", it's pretty sick, and it's partly to blame for all the negative press.

    But honestly, who plays the serial killer game like that: picking up prostitutes and killing them?
    I pick them up and kill them because I want my damn money back.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    East Bay, CA
    Posts
    1,250
    Yes of course!!! I'm at about 30%.

    Love it and have been playing tons. My boyfriend and I bought a 2nd 360 so we can both play at the same time, lol, because we were fighting so much over it otherwise.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    I have my game, I already went out and bought my PS3. I've ordered a new 40" Samsung HD TV to play it on. Waiting for the TV to be delivered before I play the game.. Temptation is testing me, but I promised myself I won't play this game till I have a decent TV to play it on!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    912
    You just spoiled a mission, a %age is enough. I'm at 31%
    Quote Originally Posted by NationHosts View Post
    I've been playing it, at about 36 percent so far, I just got finished with the bank shootout with the Irish mafia guys

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by NationHosts View Post
    I've been playing it, at about 36 percent so far, I just got finished with the bank shootout with the Irish mafia guys
    You should've added a spoiler warning

    I haven't had much time to play the game, I'm having a hard time with the controls (used to playing it on PC).

    The developers should've added keyboard and mouse support, PS3 supports it.
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed and Self-Managed hosting solutions
    Toll free: 1.888.915.4400 / Local: 1.514.316.1885 / Live chat
    Cloud VPS Hosting

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Great Falls, VA
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by portal View Post
    You just spoiled a mission, a %age is enough. I'm at 31%
    Save it before that mission. You'll know that it's coming when Patrick tells you to buy a suit. It's definitely the best, most intense mission in the game, so you might want to go back and play it over again later on
    JetNet, LLC
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable
    Shared Reseller Dedicated
    http://www.jetnethost.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK.
    Posts
    1,097
    I got it, been playing it over the last couple of days and I'm getting bored of it already

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,103
    Quote Originally Posted by eger View Post
    I actually played at a friends house for a bit over Xbox Live and it was really awesome. So awesome, in fact, he was able to convince me to buy a Xbox 360 to play it too (I was planning on buying an Xbox soon already though)

    Anyone else find the online multiplayer really fun?

    It is my first Xbox game. But others that I got a chance to play over Xbox Live I did not find that entertaining.

    Oh yea... $349 in my dreams. Out the door with the Xbox Arcade (no HD), Used HD (making it slightly cheaper than the Premium model), GTA4, and headset for a controller I already had, turned out to be nearly $460!! Oww... my wallet...
    Welcome to the Online MMO, you are now in our grips and we will never release you, enjoy the rest of your life, Muhahahaha

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Swansea, United Kingdom
    Posts
    348
    At 89% at the moment, currently pigeon hunting.

  17. #17
    What do you think about the fact that XBOX users get a special level that PS3 users don't along with the fact that the GTA series has been quite dedicated to the Playstation series?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkidas View Post
    What do you think about the fact that XBOX users get a special level that PS3 users don't along with the fact that the GTA series has been quite dedicated to the Playstation series?
    I'm not really bothered, I've been a loyal PlayStation fan and have no plans on changing...

  19. #19
    But they said that the bonus level would be very big, correct?

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    1,975
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkidas View Post
    But they said that the bonus level would be very big, correct?
    50 million, it better be. I've heard rumors it will include Vice City in the next pack which will only be reachable by catching a flight.

    Microsoft says it will be complete new episodic missions and what not.
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,854
    Quote Originally Posted by NationHosts View Post
    50 million, it better be. I've heard rumors it will include Vice City in the next pack which will only be reachable by catching a flight.

    Microsoft says it will be complete new episodic missions and what not.
    I haven't heard anything about a new "level", however I do know there will be episode packs claimed to provide 10hrs of further gameplay.. First of which should be out in August 08.

    A pack for the PS3 is also said to be "likely".

    I would be interested to see how much they price the additional episode packs

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL USA
    Posts
    2,781
    Quote Originally Posted by NationHosts View Post
    I pick them up and kill them because I want my damn money back.
    http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...j/image006.jpg
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Maine, US
    Posts
    521
    I just got it last night along with a new PS3. So far the game is amazing but I am still trying to understand and get use to everything.

  24. #24
    I got GTA4 too, and it rocks! I'm at 1.x or so percent when i decided to try the multiplayer, and haven't gone back to singleplayer yet! I love th emultiplayer version.. especially if you put your headset on and hear the kids cry when you put them and their friends out of their misery with an RPG when they speed by in a nice and shiny Lambo

    I guess i'm ... bad?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    2,554
    I bought the ps3... and the game... only to play GTA4....

    Now i just need a new'r TV... my 30inch lcd doesnt cut it anymore... haha..
    Remote Hands and Your Local Tech for the Los Angeles area.

    (310) 573-8050 - LinkedIn

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by HostATree View Post
    So far the game is amazing but I am still trying to understand and get use to everything.
    Me too.. still curious how to play bowling
    I bought PS3 as soon as they released it (late 2006). I know it's sound stupid, but I didn't play it since then, only used it few times to play blu-ray discs.

    GTA4 is amazing.
    WestNIC web hosting reseller hosting dedicated servers in USA and Germany
    Reliable reseller hosting services since 2002

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Kuwait
    Posts
    5,099
    I am waiting for GT5: Prologue. Now THAT is a game

    GTA is also nice -- I've played them all since they came out.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    root
    Posts
    870
    I just got to the second Island last night, sorta pumped to play it again today after work and see whats new there!
    Nick Rose | BudgetVM
    BudgetVM Xen VPS with Solus
    Asia and Europe Hosting Specialists
    LA to Asia <150MS | Amsterdam within Europe <60MS

  29. #29
    I have it on PS3, can't play it though. My tv is broken :/

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    1,975
    Beat the game last night, last mission was hard, I was cursing up a storm but finally beat it. Overall, good value for the money, can't wait for the exclusive content on 360
    Nationhosts, LLC
    http://www.nationhosts.com
    "Nationwide hosting solutions"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •