Question Any experience with name.com ?

Has any friend experience with name.com domain registration services?

Their domain is pretty old and their website and FAQ seems straightforward but I could find very few reviews about them.

I've used them for a few names, they weren't bad. Nothing real special about them.

Thank Russ , I have already experience with Godaddy , Namecheap , Onlinenic and Tucows.

Could you please give any comparison between name.com and any of the above registrars?

They have a pretty basic control panel which seems to work quite well. Support replies usually within a couple of hours during office hours. Cheap pricing and free whois privacy. Personally, I think they are one of the best deals out there.
    Signature Under Construction.

I have a few domains there. I never used other registrar at all, it has what I need so I stayed with them. Never heard anything against them at all and never used their support.

What I need basically is free private whois and nameservers with all tags available.

As far as I know name.com is a well-known domain name registrar, however, personally, I have no experience with them.

Hi again , I could setup an account there easily and it's free.

Payment is very easy and their control panel has all essential features or even more than basic , for example off-site DNS manager is accessible from main menu.

I'm agree with you until now , submitted the request to transfer 2 domains to their system last night and waiting.

I will write again about the result.

The only thing I could not understand is the origin of their website , I could not find a physical address and the English text in some of pages isn't fluent , it's some thing like what I'm writing! However their agreement is in sophisticated and rich English language , their website belongs to Google?

Quote Originally Posted by xoleno View Post
    The only thing I could not understand is the origin of their website , I could not find a physical address and the English text in some of pages isn't fluent
    Denver, Colorado
    http://name.com/contactus.php

I love name.com. I have a number of domains with them. Cheap and free whois privacy for the win!

Could transfer one of 2 domains last night , there was a little problem.

When the transfer was done , the whois record was showing the domain is in name.com but I had not it in my control panel for some hours and after appearing in control panel , no email notification from name.com about completion of last step.

The bigger potential problem is lack of displaying the contact records in whois (whois protection is off) which maybe means lack of the ability to transfer out from name.com for ever.

I check it during next day and update , probably it appears later.

Once I registered a domain and idk why they didn't activate private whois, and the domain's whois was with my info. I went there and activated it, but whois kept showing my info.

It seems they don't update whois automatically, with luck it will be all OK soon.

Thanks Hikari , I think so , some of things in their website must be manual.

My problem is a negative of yours , you wanted to enable and hide contact records and they were available , I want to show records but they are hidden.

Both must be because of manual and non real time operations.

Hi again

This is the result , transferred one domain to name.com and they deny to show contact information in whois , I had contact with them and their response was a thing for laugh.

Their private whois system does not work , I also registered another domain there and set the privacy to enable , but their system shows the whois information again!

I want to show the whois for transferred domain and their whois guard is on for it even if you disable private whois!

It means that , name.com is the end destination for transferred domains , if you transfer an important domain there , their system doesn't show the whois contact information and you never can transfer out from name.com and never can get some services like SSL certificate for that domain.

xoleno how long is that happening?

what exactally is shown when you use their whois?

There all the same from my view.

name.com absolutely rocks. Best prices I've found on new .com registrations, easy to use control panel and free Private WHOIS. What's not to like? I wish they offered a reseller program.
    Cpanel Hosting - Fast , Reliable, Stable, Secure - Since 1996
    CPanel/WHM Fantastico RVSkin Dual Quad Core Servers Raid 10 24x7 Toll-Free Phone Support

Be patient. The domains will go into your name. WHOIS changes and enabling privacy protection are not instantaneous at any registrar.

I have found name.com slower than other registrars to update the WHOIS when buying or transfering a domain. Otherwise I have no complaints about their service or privacy options.

Techno , I was thinking so , (please see from earlier messages , I had an unbiased and positive view about them) , so I wrote them if there is a delay time or no?

Their answer was no , they told me just enable and disable whois privacy while it does not work , so regarding their own answer , time delay is not the case or they have a type of humor with me.

I've transferred to/from Godaddy , Netsol , Onlinenic , Namecheap before and never had this problem.

Hikari , the whois record doesn't show email , phone and physical address.

Also for new domain I registered with them , the whois privacy doesn't hide phone , email and physical address.

Regarding my research , this has been the case in name.com for other users too.