* Domain just expired. Itahost.com is giving a hard time about renewing to transfer it!

My domain expired 3 days ago and Itahost.com is the hosting company I was with who are also a reseller of domains through eNom. They say they can only transfer my domain if I renew my hosting/domain package with them, which I no longer want to. My domain status is locked and they say they can't do anything about it. I'm still under the grace period that my domain can be renewed and transfered. The registrar is eNom. I went to their website and it states under reseller issues that the reseller can do the renewal and transfer for you. I just sent them an email to see what they suggest. Why is Itahost.com give me the run around by saying that can't do anything about my domain being locked?

Can someone please clarify this for me as to what my options are at the moment and if I can indeed get my domain back considering it just expired?

I also just went to domaintools.com and saw the name server history for my domain and as of today, 5-5-2008 the action status has been changed to transfer from Itahost.com to Name-services.com.

Thanks,
    Sianna

Quote Originally Posted by sianna View Post
    I also just went to domaintools.com and saw the name server history for my domain and as of today, 5-5-2008 the action status has been changed to transfer from Itahost.com to Name-services.com.
    It sounds like the domain was never in your name. Do you or did you ever have access to the domain control panel to change ownership or locked status? Unfortunately your safest bet may be to renew hosting with itahost - but try to get the domain in your name when you do.

Since it's been so long that I have been with Itahost.com I can't recall if there was a domain control panel to change the status. If that's my last resort I might have to bite the bullet and renew with itahost again even though I'll have no use for the website.

Thanks for your reply!