When trying to connect to my database with DW, I get this error.
Access denied for user eyead_nitro'@'localhost (using password: YES)
I have spent many hours scouering the forums to try and fix this but nothing has worked. Please help!
Here are the screenshots of everything and links to related sites with info I found.
I followed this site to a T! It got me this far but no connection :-(
You are receiving that error because your trying to access your database on your home computer, which does not have mysql running on it. Your 'localhost' is your computer. Most web servers do not allow connections from outside sources to access the sql server, thus the reason they use 'localhost', as it querying itself. You have a couple of options, install sql on your development box, get your host to modify the mysql config to allow you to query it from outside the localhost, or, upload your files to your server, then try them.
Yes, I did it all. I even re-did it all 3 times. I deleted the user, changed name to nitro instead of n1tro in case it didnt like numbers. the only thing I haven't done is change the password. as it stands, the user PW includes special characters (!@#$%...). I'm changing it and trying it again. Another thing, I saw this at a diff. post and am not sure what she meant by it...
By:Kate a tip for others with this dilemma:
go back to "Manage Sites" in dreamweaver. at the bottom, you MUST enter a URL prefix and http://yourdomain.com/ is not enough - it MUST point to the actual directory your dreamweaver site exists because that is where dreamweaver is looking for it's _mmServerScripts folder to make the actual connection. At this point, it's not even connecting "remotely" anymore so you can turn off remote access and use "localhost" as mentioned earlier in this thread.
in fact, i'd be willing to bet you don't even have to set up a new user in cpanel (just use your existing db password.)
just to test my theory - I switched my remote username to my original database username in dreamweaver, then removed wildcard remote access in cpanel - and my db connection still works great.
another thing u all should know is that the site (checkthespot.com) is an adon to www.eyeadore.com wich is the main site on my cpanel account. It might not make any diff since _mmServerScripts/MMHTTPDB.php and /mysql.php are both present in the chethespot.com as well as the eyeadore.com root.