* My client shut down :'(.

OK, so I was hired to do a job for Company X (I won't name them) and I completed the job (which included creating multiple advertising banners and a logo design) for Company X.

I sent them to Company X and awaited payment. I waited a few days, and could not get in contact with them - they were always "away" on ICQ. So I just today put 2 and 2 together, I had seen them earlier selling their clients in one of the forums here, and they were always away - so I went to their website. They shut down!

Aaah, so now I'm out $XX.XX and I can't get in contact with the person from Company X that hired me. Should I take the work I did, edit it, and resell it? That might be a problem if they try to resell it also and people start flaming me (I've seen it happen)... but even still Company X does not have the rights of resale because they never paid.

What to do?
    Web Developer and Designer
    Joshua Simmons

If they haven't paid you, it's yours. Do whatever you want with it.
    Dr. Colin Percival, FreeBSD Security Officer
    Online backups for the truly paranoid: http://www.tarsnap.com/

Hello,

It's really sad to hear that. Such an honest person does something for a company without any down payments, and instead of saying your dedication is commendable and appreciate him, they just don't pay him !

Very sad. All the designers, heads up!! Get lesson from people's experiences.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

Even it's more commendable, when FuzzBall2k2 does not name the company !
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

The next time you do that sign up through elance.com
    Get 50% up front and 50% when done.
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

Thank you for the sympathy and suggestions .
    Joshua Simmons

I have also had luck with Programming Bids they are cheaper than elance and the support is wonderful!

FuzzBall, i would put a screenshot of your design in the adv. forums, put a price quote and see who bites. Personally, i would love to see a site design.

My sincere apologies for getting gibbed. Do you have anything on paper or email binding them to the commitment? Perhaps i can help you getting this taken care of? Anyway, hopefully you can get some $$ for it.. whatever the case, duh, the design is yours. Sell it!
    Geek 3 Computer Repair

Angry

They haven't paid for your work, so I suppose, and hope it is still yours. If it's still yours, I really suggest you edit it for another company and resell it. To be true, that's exactly what I would do myself.

Thanks pgrote - I'll check out that website .

*nods at ecpHosting* I will be editting the job I did and then will be selling a full on web solution to whoever... I'll be selling the design, the logo (350*150), and the three banners (468*60, 234*60, 120*60), and a short flash video that can be used for an ad or intro... 350*250.
    Joshua Simmons

good! i wish you the best of luck!
    Geek 3 Computer Repair