Question Any place to view old ABC 20/20 programs?

Is there any place to view old ABC 20/20 programs? Online or some institution?

I'm trying to obtain a specific program from the year 1998. I contacted ABC News to purchase the video (they sell many videos even from 1995), but customer service is saying they can't sell me that video due to "no legal clearance." But offered the transcript. I want the video.

What does "no legal clearance" mean anyway? It's not like I'm requesting classified material.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by web2k6 View Post
    Is there any place to view old ABC 20/20 programs? Online or some institution?

I'm trying to obtain a specific program from the year 1998. I contacted ABC News to purchase the video (they sell many videos even from 1995), but customer service is saying they can't sell me that video due to "no legal clearance." But offered the transcript. I want the video.

What does "no legal clearance" mean anyway? It's not like I'm requesting classified material.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Thats funny legal clearence call their legal dept or shoot them an email tell them your case find someone else besides cust service. email the pr dept just keep asking going a step up .
    you might catch the episode you want one msn go record it tivo it do what ya you do .
    mayb send them a message you love this show and would love to c that particular episode never know until you try
    http://tv.msn.com/tv/episode-guide/20-20_1
    http://www.tv.com/20-20/show/1752/summary.html
    good luck

ABC appear to be offering archive programmes for sale on their website, including the 20/20 series. Perhaps it is worth following it up through that link to see if a different department can deal with your request?