Unhappy Any Image Only Hosts?

Do you know of any hosts that host or support images, so I can link directly to them on forums and chat?

I don't think there are host that mind you doing that at all... only the free ones hate it, since they are used for that purpose most of the time... If you pay for hosting and don't exceed bandwidth I think it's ok at everyone.... Depends ofcourse on the image type ...
    Alexander

5MB of space for $4? and $6 for them to allow you to link to it?
    Thats rediculous.
    and besides, people are not allowed to promote themselves in the lounge anyway.
    You need to post in the offers section.
    I am sure summcat will get better offers for hosting images, as all hosts allow you to link to them as long as you have enough transfer allowance.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

***** does image hosting for pretty cheap.

Huh? Are u doing that on purpose?

A starred out name (****) means they have been banned from these forums. Usually not a good sign.
    You have many choices, just do a little research and you shall find the right host for you.

hint: posting in the webhosting requests section will allow people who follow the rules here to make you offers based on your needs. Don't take the first offer you get, and always do a search on their name to see if any others have comments about them.
    Good luck.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

oh, ok, cool... I tried posting in the requests forum, and I found a great offer! Thanks for all the help.

Originally posted by Alex[nl]
    I don't think there are host that mind you doing that at all... only the free ones hate it, since they are used for that purpose most of the time... If you pay for hosting and don't exceed bandwidth I think it's ok at everyone.... Depends ofcourse on the image type ...
    Also, because their bandwidth gets consumed without their ads being served.
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

Yes... image hotlinking can be a problem with a lot of hosts I know.

I had a customer, that ran a webcam on her site. She also posted her webcam image on several cam portals. Each one leeching bandwidth, etc. She paid a full year of hosting, and within 1 month, she used up all that money -- just for bandwidth that was used. She initially had a 8gb bandwidth account, and quickly used that up within 5 days of being hosted. She then asked for more bandwidth - and me being a friend, said yes, and told her "I can't keep on doing this - its costing me money". And by the end of the month, she used up 30gb of bandwidth (more than all the rest of the accounts on the server combined). I told her, "I can't keep on doing this each month -- if you want to use that much bandwidth, you either have to pay for it - or move out" And I also didnt' give her a refund for the rest of the year, because the amount of bandwidth that she used that one month, cost everything that she paid for for the year. Luckily, she understood -- and I didn't have to pay $100+ for the bandwidth charges out of my own pocket.

--Moral of the story--
    If you want to use images on message boards, etc. Know, that everytime someone views a post, its going to use up bandwidth. Be prepared to pay for overages, etc.

Places will allow it -- but they wont like it -- especially when it starts to use up system resources. So beware!

Okay, Thanks for th story!

Only images??? You will need some html to display them any how.

Maybe try http://www.imgserver.net/ or http://www.hostmysig.com/ if they ever get it working again

Try one of those auction picture hosters, they do it for like $10 a year.

Originally posted by ATST
    5MB of space for $4? and $6 for them to allow you to link to it?
    Thats rediculous.
    and besides, people are not allowed to promote themselves in the lounge anyway.
    You need to post in the offers section.
    I am sure summcat will get better offers for hosting images, as all hosts allow you to link to them as long as you have enough transfer allowance.
    Am I the only one to whom this remark doesn't make sence at all? Is there a post deleted or something, since I dont see any offer before ATST posted his reply ...
    Alexander

yea, i think the post was prolly deleted by a mod?

Yup

Ok cool .... maybe next time leave the post and just remove the contence, maybe add "<< removed by mod >>" ... you had me puzzled for a while
    Alexander

As was stated earlier, most real hosts....meaning not the unlimited bandwidth crowd....should have no problems with this. You should review the host's AUP/TOS to ensure that there are no limitations or just ask the host.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Never mind all, I got my own hosting, so I can do it myself. Thanks!