Looking to do "Odd-Jobs."

Hello,

My name is Edward Andres and I am 14 years old. I'm looking to do "One time, Odd-Jobs." For example: Typing/Creating up TOS/AUPs, Welcoming messages, Slogans, (Simple) Banners etc. I prefer being paid via Paypal.

PM me here at WHT.
    E-mail: thejokerwht@hotmail.com

Any odd-jobs you need done, PLMK.

Thanks,

Edward

I could probably fix you up with some commission if you fancy selling my hosting, other than that.. i dont really get "odd jobs".
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

Hello... I may be able to let you create our TOS/AUP/Privacy Policy, because I damn sure don't want to make it
    I can pay you via PayPal, that is not a problem...

Contact me via email or aim...

spyderx@comcast.net
    AIM: sSpyderXx

What kind of hosts will let a 14 year old makes their TOS/AUP/SLA? Nothing wrong with a teenager, but a serious host will take TOS/AUP/SLA seriously.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Hey I knoe of a 13 yr who has his own hosting biz and hes doing great. Its pretty crazy seeing him do well. I think kids are getting smarter, lol next thing ya knoe they will be running hosting biz

Hey, FD why don't you save your stupid comments to your self. I happen to be paying him to create that for me, and he seems to be doing a very good thorough professional job, and taking it very serious.

UH-Matt- I may be interested. If I am, I will contact you.

spyderx- I will contact you.

FHDave- I would greatly appreciate it if you would remove that comment from this thread. I am a very well educated person. The fact that I am 14 years of age doesn't in any way negatively effect my job performance. I take all my work seriously.

Thanks and take care,

Edward
    If you ever need help, e-mail me!
    Remember: "You get what you pay for."
    AOL Instant Messenger Handle: thejokerwht

I don't have anything against teenagers and doing seroius work, but I'd have to agree with FHDave on this. Having a TOS/AUP/SLA is to prevent a company from being sued for many reasons.
    I don't think a 14 year old would be qualified to make a TOS/AUP/SLA simply for the reason that I highly doubt they'd be very knowledgable with what lawyers study their butts off for years attaining. I highly doubt you (Edward) will be creating one from scratch, thus you'd be modifying someone else's which carries a big risk in that you don't know whether a statement is legitimate or not. Just because it's in there doesn't mean it does anything. The way something is worded makes a HUGE impact on a law, with various loopholes and "grey areas" stemming off from a poorly worded phrase having caused massive lawsuits and settlements in the past. Someone who is 14, 8th, maybe 9th grade age, is definitely not going to be as educated in the humanities as an adult and is going to matter a whole lot when the company's TOS/AUP/SLA is interpreted in court.

Side note, while it may just be a simple typing error, the sentance should be "The fact that I am 14 years of age doesn't in any way negatively affect (not effect) my job performance." Just a thought.

I started this industry at 14, I own HostCompare.com. Let's not bomb on the young uns. Mentioning of which, New York rules!

The fact that Edward capitalizes the first word for each phrase in a list would scare me off from hiring for anything requiring grammatical skills. "For example: Typing/Creating up TOS/AUPs, Welcoming messages, Slogans, (Simple) Banners etc. I prefer being paid via Paypal. "

Seems to be somethign that TimPD does a lot as well...

errr, a TOS/AUPS sounds like something that should be done by your lawyer....

But then again, I've never needed one, so I guess its pretty much up to you however you want it

mushrew- My cousin is a lawyer and he will be correcting every TOS/AUP/SLA that I write.

mattalland- Thank you.

mushrew- I assure you I'm not TimPD.

Please, if your not posting a job offer, don't reply. What some of you are doing is very rude. I don't appreciate it at all.
    And if anyone is busy criticizing me to build themselves up, they must truly be losers. Do things on your own merit!
    If you ever need help, e-mail me!
    Remember: "You get what you pay for."
    AOL Instant Messenger Handle: thejokerwht

I'm not trying to build myself up...my point was that legal stuff should be left alone to a professional. I have nothing wrong against teenagers doing quality work, in fact I paid several hundred dollars to a 16 year old for custom Perl programming. Expensive, yes, but a lot less than what I was quoted by 'big' firms yet the quality was superb.

It really annoys me when people judge ability by there age, however I have to agree that a AUP/SLA should at least be checked by a laywer who know all the loopholes etc of this industry. Which he is doing so give him a break!

The Joker - all the best in your search (Contact me and we could sort something out)
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting

mushrew: i think it should be either
    'negatively effect' or 'affect', affect by itself would mean negative anyway.
    so edward might be right on that.
    nayeem@ntlworld.com

Originally posted by The Joker
    FHDave- I would greatly appreciate it if you would remove that comment from this thread. I am a very well educated person. The fact that I am 14 years of age doesn't in any way negatively effect my job performance. I take all my work seriously.
    I don't feel like taking down that comment. Nothing against teenager, but what legal matters/dealings have you experience in the past that will qualify you to write a TOS/AUP/SLA?
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I do not usually poke my head in, but when does a "I am looking for work" thread become a discussion on the merits of that person's age or ability? This is a growing problem at WHT and I only read a small percentage (less than 1% of all threads posted), mostly in this forum and it is happening quite often.

Threads such as this are only for interested parties to inquire and ask questions. Not for people to make comments such as these. I'd like to see more people respect the people who start these threads.

Thank you.

I agree with FH Dave on this. No reputable business would allow a 14-year old to write their TOS, etc. The qualifications for doing that require legal experience and excellent writing skills. This person has neither of those.

How do you know he doesn't have excellent writing skills? You're not basing that on a forum post are you?

I emailed with him and he seems very eager and willing to do work. I offered some work, but someone beat me to the punch!

It's heartening to see kids his age going online trying to make money honestly.

Once you crush a kid's spirit it's hard to revive it. Kudos to him and blah to you.

I did not mean to insult the child. I wish them luck in their endeavors. I just don't think they have demonstrated the necessary skills to write a TOS. That's all.

someone of any age can lack the expertise to do the TOS. i dont see why it has to apply for a 14 yo and not to others. people should not be judged by their age, sex, race, etc. that falls under the category of discrimination.
    nayeem@ntlworld.com

I totally agree with nayeem. You can not judge a person's abilities just by their age. I'm 13 and do you think I can't write a TOS/AUP? I work at a webhosting company's helpdesk. I handle script installs and pre-sales questions. I think I'm very capable of even running a webhosting company. Don't discourage the kid.. he's offering you his services and he's not asking much. That's just my 2 cents

Originally posted by iFroggy
    I do not usually poke my head in, but when does a "I am looking for work" thread become a discussion on the merits of that person's age or ability? This is a growing problem at WHT and I only read a small percentage (less than 1% of all threads posted), mostly in this forum and it is happening quite often.

Threads such as this are only for interested parties to inquire and ask questions. Not for people to make comments such as these. I'd like to see more people respect the people who start these threads.

Thank you.
    Couldn't agree more

Best Regards
    Adam Heavens
    Server Centre Limited (www.servercentre.net)
    Exchange 2007 Hosting, Windows/Linux Hosting