* Zebra and OS routing problem??

Hey guys!

I'm kind of in a pickle here at my school.. I put together a router running Zebra(yes, I know, should have used Quagga) with a few public ip addresses taking in a full BGP table.

There is a Win2k3 server behind the router running routing and remote access for VPN clients to connect to. Our team's project was to get the win2k3 server VPN clients out onto the public internet with public IP addresses.

I installed another NIC card onto the Win2k3 server and connected it with the router, and assigned the router and the server a private IP address. Both are pingable from both devices.

I then had a VPN client connect in, RRAS assigned the client a public IP address, the router was able to ping the VPN client and so was the Win2k3 server.

I tried pinging the VPN client from another machine on the network with a default gateway pointed toward the router, and there is no response.

Is there something I don't know about with Zebra and Redhat?

Let me know, Thanks guys!
    Premier Internet Services
    Dedicated servers, Colocation and IP Transit
    100% Uptime SLA, Strong peering to the West Coast and Asian Markets

Hi,

That is going to be very difficult to debug without the exact network configs and routing tables of each device and perhaps some traceroutes.

One thing comes to mind - you have public IPs being assigned to the VPN clients right? Is there a static route configured for the client IP range on the main router setting the next hop for the range to the win2ke server?
    Avi Brender
    Reliable Web Hosting by Elite Hosts, Inc
    CPANEL Reseller Hosting - Fantastico - Rvskins - ClientExec

Quote Originally Posted by kiettyyyy View Post
    I tried pinging the VPN client from another machine on the network with a default gateway pointed toward the router, and there is no response.
    Does the VPN client have a default route back through you? What makes you think is a problem with routing? Sounds like a VPN issue to me.
    Expert security, software, and network engineering services (we solve the hard problems)