1st track is madness

I was a mean session guitarist in my day.
    I played many a gig....with many a big names...Saxon ....MSG...Rainbow & Sabbath to name a few...

This post isn't about me..I'm 42 and an old fart... but my nephew....who's just turned 17..listen to the talent...and it's not from me.

He turned down studying corporate law at Edinburgh Uni to do this and is currently beating A&R guys away from the door.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=154487866 <----1st track is madness

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 05-04-2008 at 07:00 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

Listening to "Rodeo" right now. The beginning was a little slow, but the song's starting to grow on me. Not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    I was a mean session guitarist in my day.
    I played many a gig....with many a big names...Saxon ....MSG...Rainbow & Sabbath to name a few...

This post isn't about me..I'm 42 and an old fart... but my nephew....who's just turned 17..listen to the talent...and it's not from me.

He turned down studying corporate law at Edinburgh Uni to do this and is currently beating A&R guys away from the door.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=154487866 <----1st track is madness

owm
    They Rock! Hey did you ever play with Queen ( cant help myself had to ask )
    Dana aka Laci My Alter Ego
    Former WHT Moderator

i'm an old fart mate i grew up on rush (rush.com) and saxon...iron maiden...yeah it was a pleasure to jam with them....but rodeo is cool....and they're just kids.

hmm..I've had many a drink with Brian & Anita Dobson (Brian May & Anita "Dirty Den's wife off EastEnders")..but Queen have never got over losing Freddy...they didn't need a guitarist ..they needed a vocalist and even Paul Rogers (ex Bad Company) couldn't fill Freddy's shoes and Paul Rogers can sing.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 05-04-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

mayb its just a nephew thing i know mine is the most improtant person in the world at least to me,
    uncles rule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo52T7uKOJU < Dedicated to Laci

they're gonna make it mate...no worries there.

they have A&R folks fighting over them lol.

I'm actually jealous as hell

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 05-04-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

You're not (that) old! I absolutely LOVE Rush and I'm only 20... I got to see them last year in Pittsburgh, and I'm going to see them twice this summer when they'll hit Pittsburgh and Hershey.

I love pretty much all classic rock... I really love The Who, Kansas, Boston, Zeppelin, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Allman Brothers, Steve Miller Band, Yes, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Sometimes I joke that I was born during the wrong decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    i'm an old fart mate i grew up on rush (rush.com) and saxon...iron maiden...yeah it was a pleasure to jam with them....but rodeo is cool....and they're just kids.

here's most likely one of my last HM gigs...Wacken 2001 W.O.A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3wq7...eature=related

By this time I was only setting up rigs and sound checking...i'd kinda been enconpusmentous for many years...it was still a massive buzz though

old rockers never die though...

Heavy Metal --> Web Design / Hosting lol...talk about one giant step for mankind.

Doug Scarratt...lead guitarist in the vid...immensely under rated BTW.

owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 05-04-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.