Ventrilo Hosting?

I was wondering if any other hosting owners out there are currently serving Ventrilo. I've been trying to get in contact with the, however they seem to be unresponsive.

Is there a good market for this? Is it worth pursuing?
    www.CanisHosting.com, Shared, Reseller, & VPS

The Ventrilo markter is a great market to be in, but getting a license is nearly impossible. You may want to consider reselling through someone like UGT-Servers or Hurricane Host.
    Brian F. - Operations Manager
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004

Exactly what Brian said. The Ventrilo market is a great way to rake a little bit of money in, obviously the main market is for gamers - however, i know to a few companies who use this as a contact method between each other. Again, to confirm what Brian said, getting a license is virtually impossible, simply because of the costs involved initially. However, if your in a financial state to do so, then by all means give it a shot - but try to offer other alternative services such as gameserver hosting, just to ensure that you are going to be getting some money back in. There are numerous Ventrilo resellers out there, such as HurricaneHost, UGT-Servers, VoiceTAP and some others just take a look on google.

I do find it rather disappointing that even tho you meet ALL of their 'requirements' they do not respond to you... not even a rejection notice... nothing...

I tried before... it is wrong that you have to resell for someone else whenever you have the facilities to provide this service at cost for yourself...

But no one can do anything, but someday a lawsuit will have to take place... someone will HAVE to get fed up with it and pursue that.

Indeed, their service with regards to the license distribution is absolutely shocking. I guess they feel that they currently have enough hosts distributing their software, however, i'm sure this isn't the case as i think they would like to get as much money as possible.

That's a good bit of information. Thanks guys. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that's been ignored by them. I'll have to look into reselling if I decide to go that route. Thanks!
    www.CanisHosting.com, Shared, Reseller, & VPS

Many companies offer a limited distribution method. No company is required to sell to everyone. What I really don't like about it is that they should really say "We are not accepting new requests for distributors...". And not responding is just bad business practices.

I was advising on a project for widely dispersed tech support people that would have benefitted from something like this. The company I was advising just didn't want to rely on a third party to host anything so we used teamspeak when ventrilo just didn't feel like responding. Works well and aids with collaboration.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Yea, it's ridiculous that they don't respond even when you meet their requirements. Your a business, and they should really be encouraging people to get licenses, not making it next to impossible!

And yea a lot of companies are now reselling, but its not as nice due to not having 100% control and also the price competition.

Quote Originally Posted by clan-serve View Post
    Yea, it's ridiculous that they don't respond even when you meet their requirements. Your a business, and they should really be encouraging people to get licenses, not making it next to impossible!

And yea a lot of companies are now reselling, but its not as nice due to not having 100% control and also the price competition.

One of the requirements for a Ventrilo license is you must be a registered corporation. Simply having a website where you offer something for rent/sale doesn't automatically make you a business owner nor are you considered a legal company. You must first register as a business entity and pay taxes then you can refer to yourself as a business/company.

It is also as you know under their discretion who they accept as partners and honestly it's nothing new in the world of commerce. Americas Army, Electronic Arts (to name a few) all have similar license restrictions.

Hope this helps!