DirectAdmin and cPanel

Hi there

First posting and not very knowledgeable so please correct me if I get bits wrong!

My understanding is that if I join a webhosting company that operates the cPanel web control panel then my Outlook Express email program would get configured automatically.

However if the webhosting company were to be using DirectAdmin web control panel would I get the same benefit in this respect please?

Thanks.

Is very easy to setup a email account under OL... Do not borrow with the control panel ( cPanel, DirectAdmin, Plesk and CO ), just foolox the few steps and you are done...

Thanks for such a speedy reply.

The details that I would need then if I understand you correctly would be found somewhere within the webhosting company's information after you had joined them.

Presumably it is the sort of data I can see under the Servers' section of Outlook Express mail in my own mail account on my computer at home then? Only specific to the particular webhosting company that I had joined?

Thanks.

hosteur is correct, it's very easy to setup e-mail in Outlook with a DirectAdmin web host.

http://www.site-helper.com/email.html

Quote Originally Posted by dave_uk View Post
    Presumably it is the sort of data I can see under the Servers' section of Outlook Express mail in my own mail account on my computer at home then? Only specific to the particular webhosting company that I had joined?
    The web host provides the e-mail information, which you input into Outlook. Then you're ready to begin sending/receiving e-mail. This is of course after DNS propagation has completed.

1) Sign up for web host.

2) Wait for your "welcome to ..." e-mail from the web host with your login details.

3) Change your DNS nameservers with your domain registrar which should be contained within your "welcome to ..." e-mail from your web host.

4) If you can't find your e-mail details, submit a support ticket with your web host asking them what information you need to enter into Outlook.

5) Sit back and relax.

Have you picked a DirectAdmin web host? Make sure to choose reliability/support over super low prices.

RossMAN thank you so much for a great detailed reply.

No at present I have not chosen a DirectAdmin or for that matter cPanel hosting company. Because I am such a novice I feel I should research a bit longer really. In the last 3 days I did come across what I thought was a very well organised company.

They are called HostPC and I think if my memory serves me correctly are based in New York. Gosh I hope I have got that right!! Apologies to all - if not.

Thanks again for that great "site-helper" link which I have looked at for a few minutes.

if you worry about Outlook configuration, DA has "Outlook Settings" feature, that you can download a registry to your computer. Double click to it, your Outlook will be ready to run.

Ya its very easy to configure outlook. It won't take up alot of time because its very easy to do.

With cPanel, you can "Auto-Configure" - Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express , Mac Mail.app for POP3/IMAP Access. You dont have to worry about anything, just 2 or 3 clicks and everything is setup !

Yes, DirectAdmin let's you "download" and install the settings to Outlook with just one click - it's all very easy. There are also a number of video demos on our site to configure over 10 different mail clients. Stop in our live chat if you need more assistance.

Thanks for considering us.

Joe
    http://www.hostpc.com
    DirectAdmin servers for hosting, resellers and your dedicated needs.
    Hosting, Resellers, Dedicated Managed and Unmanaged servers
    Hosting since 11/98 - Specializing in DirectAdmin since 8/03

If setting up your email is all that you're concerned with, either control panel will do.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hostpc.com View Post
    Yes, DirectAdmin let's you "download" and install the settings to Outlook with just one click - it's all very easy. There are also a number of video demos on our site to configure over 10 different mail clients. Stop in our live chat if you need more assistance.

Thanks for considering us.

Joe
    Thanks for coming in and letting me know that. Could be very useful.

Also to all the other contributors, "Thanks to you all" - I understand the position now. Excellent response to my first posting at WHT.