PerlDesk won't send e-mail

Since the PerlDesk forums aren't much help, and I noticed a couple topics on similar issues here, I was wondering if anyone could help me out.

I'm not trying to set up the inward e-mail set-up, but when a staff member replies to a ticket, it's supposed to send an e-mail to the person. For some reason it doesn't. I checked the sendmail location and it is correct. I have MIME::Tools installed. It doesn't give any error, just never sends a message.

Has anyone experienced this problem or knows what it could be? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't think it defaults to /usr/lib/sendmail. I believe I changed mine to that to get it to work..even though the one that was listed was valid.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

The one listed for my server is /usr/sbin/sendmail ... but I tried /usr/lib/sendmail as well and still doesn't work.

The default for me was /usr/sbin/sendmail and it works. One question though if you know it. How do you setup the email portion if the email server is not local? Because you have to put the path to email.pl but it's not local to the email server.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

Just make sure both modules are installed DBD::MySQL MIME::Tools

and that your mail box permissions are correct, /usr/sbin/sendmail path is correct - You should be sweet

Any suggestion on setting up the email.pl on an external email server?
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC

I must be missing something quite easy because I have all of those modules installed, the sendmail path is correct, everything else works great ... so it "should" work ... I guess I may just have to uninstall it and then reinstall and see if that works.

cahostnet, sorry I can't help you there. I can't even get the regular mail part working! My only thought is maybe using the IP of the email server in the settings ... but I've never tried anything like that, so I don't know.

resolved, just created a subdomain.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC