Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    289

    DOCTYPE causes 100% cpu usage

    At first I thought it was my computer. But I tested it on multiple computers and all the same outcome.

    I started picking thru the code to find out what was causing the 100% CPU spike in IE7 and Firefox 2...

    It was the DOCTYPE at the top... whenever I had it in, 100% CPU usage... when I took it out, minimal usage... this is on my computer, not the server itself...

    What would be causing that? Any suggestions or fixes?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    Do you have any examples? I am pretty sure it is something else (usually client side scripts [flash/javascript]) that cause heavy load.

    Many sites use doctype with no problem (WHT is a perfect example).

    Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    289
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

    That is what I had in the coding...

    Its odd, because without that at the top, load on a computer is normal. I have no flash anymore on the site.. I do have a bit of javascript...

    So thats why I am confused, and dont know if its a server problem or what... because I know other sites are fine... I did google this and ONE other site had the exact same problem.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,342
    I need live examples or entire source code.

    Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •