Suggestions for good webhosting services

Hi, i am planning to create a website based on joomla or wordpress. I wanted to know who provide the best web hosting? In terms of performance and cost. I am new to this, so kindly help me out. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryBird View Post
    Hi, i am planning to create a website based on joomla or wordpress. I wanted to know who provide the best web hosting? In terms of performance and cost. I am new to this, so kindly help me out. Thanks.
    Take a look in the Shared Hosting Offers section, there are plenty of good hosts in there, most also have fantastico too which gives you the ability to install many things such as Joomla by a few simple clicks...

Regards,

Edward Tobia.
    Edward Tobia
    Administrator/Founder
    EuroSRV Hosting Solutions
    http://www.eurosrv.com

There is no such thing as "the best host".
    What might be great to one person, might be not to good for another. It simply depends on what you require from your host.

There are many hosts who can provide affordable and reliable hosting. The best thing to do is to contact several hosts and inquire about what exactly you need. You can have a look in the offers section or simply use search engines to find what you are looking for.

Since you are new to all of this, it would be a good idea to find a host which offers good around the clock support as well.

I am sure a shared account would be sufficient for now. Most hosts will also offer auto installation scripts such as Fantastico, with which you can install Joomla, Wordpress and many other common scripts with the click of a few buttons.

Good luck in your search!
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

I would recommend either Hawk Host or HostGator. I have had multiple accounts with both companies and they provided me with affordable and reliable hosting.

Sorry John but both of those posts links do not work.

Sorry about that.

Hawk Host - http://www.hawkhost.com

HostGator - http://www.hostgator.com

BinaryBird,

Do you know what other requirements (storage space, bandwidth, email accounts, scripting, etc) you might have?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryBird View Post
    You wont find an unique response about this, there are many good host (and many more horrible), I suggest you to make your own research, then make an small list of 5-6 host and search for reviews about them in this forum and google (stay away from those top 10 hosts list)
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I agree with Jedito. Stay away from top 10 lists and away from oversellers like bluehost, hostmonster, and hostgator.

Check the shared hosting section of wht for a list of good hosts.

I would recommend against joomla as it is not standards-based (still uses tables) and is rather resource intensive. You may be better off using wordpress or another lite cms and add plugins to make it do what you need. I'm just against systems that still use tables as layout.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Ya Joomla is more resource intensive but if you want a content management system Joomla is one of the fastest way to get one.

What kind of budget do you have in mind? There are so many hosts.

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions. As for your questions, i was looking at hostmonster and yahoo. From what i heard, yahoo does not have a good support, is that true? but they provide unlimited bandwidth As lot of you suggested, since i will be using joomla, my database might take up lots of space, so that is one priority. Email accounts will be less than 100, and one important thing i am looking at is support, as i am from India, international calls for the sake of support is out of question. i want some one who provide live chat support as well. Any suggestions out of personal experience would be good. I really dont wanna depend on the review sites. Cost, anything upto 12$ a month is fine.

Have you tried to search about those two on this forum? I have the impression that you'll need to make a new shortlist after read the reviews
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

There's no such thing as unlimited. You get what you pay for. In these instances, they have other types of limits (cpu/memory) that will kick in long before you can use the bandwidth. Also, those that offer these astronomical amounts are no doubt overselling which will eventually cause problems down the line.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Hostmonster and Bluehost are run by the same CEO at Orem, Utah.

I would avoid both Bluehost and Hostmonster.

I would say visit the Offers section here at WHT and pick out a few that fits your needs and budget and ask around here.
    ePhase Networks L.L.C.
    Absolute Hosting Since 2007
    http://www.ephasenetworks.com