Thread: whmcs or awbs?

whmcs or awbs?

I currently use whmcs for my hosting/domain business. Whmcs is great, but I'm disappointed in the domain functionality. I've heard that awbs is great for domains as well as hosting. Any first hand experiences?

What are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks!
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

hi

i personally would recommend WHMCS, what functionality is it your looking for that WHMCS does not have? they have added some more domain functionality to the new 3.6.1 version you see.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server.
    www.cyberhostpro.com - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

mostly I want to have my customers manage everything about their domains without leaving my site. Currently whmcs only supports that with enom, but enom prices are too high for me and they don't offer free privacy protection. The rest of the registrar modules have varying degrees of integration. I currenlty use netearthone as my reseller as they have the best prices with the most tlds. awbs has FULL and COMPLETE domain management with them and most of the big resellers like enom, directi, logicbox-compatable resellers, etc.

I've used AWBS about a year ago. It was ok once you set it up. I used CE on and off which was pretty nice and simple. I've stuck with WHMCS for now as I don't feel like re implementing CE and manually having to import the customers.

One thing I don't do anymore is keep customers domain name details in WHMCS. Way to much liability if someone gained access to the DB or WHMCS. They could get all passwords to your customers domain name pass/username and your domain reseller account.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

AWBS is better than all of the other softwares at domain management. But the customization of it harder than others, too. Also most times security bugs occur on their software. So you need update your software often(this is not an easy thing). Also if your hosting account hacked when hackers can see the password of your domain reseller account. You maybe restore all of the data from backup. But you may lost the management all of your domains. So this is a big risk according to me.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

So despite the domain management, everyone is suggesting I say with whmcs.

It is pretty to customize and update, I'm just disappointed in the domain management. Especially if they can add the api for one logicbox registrar, then it shouldn't be that difficult to do all of the logicbox registrars at the same time.

I've never used AWBS, but I love WHMCS.

I've used WHMCS since it had the live chat a long time back until they took it off as it was making tons of issue.

I personally think WHMCS all the way, better features, the updates are like almost once a month it feels like! More options to it then any other billing system.. Oh ya and to convert themes to WHMCS OMG its so easy to do, unlike the other billing software (i.e. modernbill)
    Jason

AWBS patch is not hard to do. AWBS admin page is great but their client page is not great too much.

WHMCS is great on their interface.
    ||| JFOC Network Solution - Affordable Web Hosting
    ||| Web Site: http://www.jfoc.net
    ||| Retelling Story - Share Your Story, anything
    ||| Web Site: http://www.rtstory.com

+1 for WHMCS.
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

What I'd do is I'd go and test out whmcs they give you a trial its very nice!
    Jason

In terms of domain registrar integration/functionality, only in the most recent update did we add support for EPP code retrieval and nameserver registration & management, and that has initially been to the two most popular modules only - Enom & DirectI. Subsequently, other modules will be updated to support these new features where possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    They could get all passwords to your customers domain name pass/username and your domain reseller account.
    I'd just like to point out that as of V3.6.1 all domain registrar passwords are stored encrypted in the database.

Quote Originally Posted by whmanaged View Post
    I've used WHMCS since it had the live chat a long time back until they took it off as it was making tons of issue.
    You mentioned this over on our forums and as we discussed there, we've never had live chat implemented in the past, so there's never been any issues and it hasn't therefore been removed.

Matt
    WHMCompleteSolution
    The Complete Client Management, Billing & Support System
    www.whmcs.com

Quote Originally Posted by WHMCS-Matt View Post

I'd just like to point out that as of V3.6.1 all domain registrar passwords are stored encrypted in the database.
    Thanks for the info.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Quote Originally Posted by WHMCS-Matt View Post

You mentioned this over on our forums and as we discussed there, we've never had live chat implemented in the past, so there's never been any issues and it hasn't therefore been removed.

Matt
    I must be delusional i could of sworn there was a live chat popup from a very old WHMCS.. *sigh*
    Jason