Just bough a New Server - Virtualization / CPanel

Just bought

PU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5410 Quad-Core 2.33GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm Hi-k
    RAM: 12GB (6 x 2GB) DDR2-667 Registered ECC - Interleaved
    NIC: Intel 82573V & 82573L Gigabit Ethernet Controllers - Integrated

Hot-Swap Drive - 1: 150GB Western Digital Raptor (1.5Gb/s,10Krpm,16MB Cache,NCQ) SATA
    Hot-Swap Drive - 2: 500GB Western Digital RE2-GP (3.0Gb/s, Variable Speed, 16MB Cache) SATA
    Optical Drive: Low-Profile 8x DVD +/- RW Drive
    Power Supply: 520W Power Supply with PFC - 87% Maximum Efficiency
    Rail Kit: 2-Piece Ball-Bearing Rail Kit

I want to use it for running 2 Vbulletin forums, 1 big blog and Image Hosting

do you think its better for me to put as Virtualization and run individually OR just install Cpanel and Put everything together at once ?

thanks for your help

I would just install cPanel and use it as all together. Doing virtualization really has no mean here... Would just use more system resources.
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

Quote Originally Posted by NOCKody View Post
    I would just install cPanel and use it as all together. Doing virtualization really has no mean here... Would just use more system resources.
    thanks for your reply. Anyone else have different opinion ?

I would use it for virtualization. If you make VPS, you can do os reloads on your VPS for free instead of having the datacenter OS reload your dedicated server. The datacenter usually charges for OS reloads and I would sell vps/hosting with it if you want to get more bang for your buck. As far as i know, I recommend hypervm for cheaper Virtualization Software.

Quote Originally Posted by grabyourhosting View Post
    I would use it for virtualization. If you make VPS, you can do os reloads on your VPS for free instead of having the datacenter OS reload your dedicated server. The datacenter usually charges for OS reloads and I would sell vps/hosting with it if you want to get more bang for your buck. As far as i know, I recommend hypervm for cheaper Virtualization Software.
    He's only running four sites... he's not selling hosting (as far as I know). Because of that, I'm going to agree with NOCKody and just install everything on the same OS with no virtualization.

I'm going to move this to Technical & Security Issues since folks there know more about the technical side.

Just install Cpanel and fire the sites
    Virtualization can take resources and you dont need any isolation if the forums are yours and not of any client.
    NOT a webhost!helping here just for the fun of it!
    G(r)eek inside.

yes, all sites are mine. thanks for your help. just one more question, if i want to use cpanel, the datacenter help me to install it or cpanel will help me to install it for me ? thanks.

Usually the people you will buy your cPanel license from will also perform a basic free installation of the panel. However, if you have the time to review the cPanel/WHM documentation for installation, it really is quite do-able

Quote Originally Posted by godofwar View Post
    yes, all sites are mine. thanks for your help. just one more question, if i want to use cpanel, the datacenter help me to install it or cpanel will help me to install it for me ? thanks.
    You need to buy cpanel license from your DC for your server main IP. Once it is licensed you can install yourself. It is very simple.

# screen -S cpinstall
    # cd /home
    # wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest
    # sh latest

Once installed, see here
    http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/Loggi...first_time.htm
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Quote Originally Posted by david510 View Post
    You need to buy cpanel license from your DC for your server main IP. Once it is licensed you can install yourself. It is very simple.

# screen -S cpinstall
    # cd /home
    # wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest
    # sh latest

Once installed, see here
    http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/Loggi...first_time.htm
    thanks... you guys really helpful .. now im goin to find cpanel license...

What motherboard are you running?

PU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5410 Quad-Core 2.33GHz, 12MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, 45nm Hi-k

Does that mean you have 2 Quad Core Xeon processors?

How much did it cost you to put that together? I would like to see how well this thing handles.