Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidWebTravis View Post
    RossH,
    Yes.

We do NOT have any "typical tech responses for outages"

That would be completely unacceptable.
    Travis,

Well I'm sure I can go back to other LiquidWeb threads and find others where people were told their server is under attacked. It seems whitevitz here doesn't believe there would be any reason for his server to be attacked yet a tech told him it was DoS. So can you tell us if it is truly DoS or not?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by RossH View Post
    Travis,

Well I'm sure I can go back to other LiquidWeb threads and find others where people were told their server is under attacked. It seems whitevitz here doesn't believe there would be any reason for his server to be attacked yet a tech told him it was DoS. So can you tell us if it is truly DoS or not?
    RossH,
    I guess I didn't understand your first posts, I didn't think I had to say this, we do not tell our customers information that we do not believe to be true. We would never tell someone they are under a DDOS and work w/ them to repair it if we didn't believe that information to be accurate.

All I can go by is what the tech has reported in the ticket conversations to the customer. They are saying that it appears to be a DDOS and are continuing to investigate it with the customer, perhaps after further investigation the find another root cause, I can't possibly comment on that since it's in the future. This customers server is getting flooded w/ connections which appear to be maxing out his firewall at some random times periodically. The networking team and supervisory team have been working on this customers issue since May 1st when it began appearing intermittently.

The customers server has not been continuously affected. It has been online and accessible the majority of the time. We have mitigated issues on several occasions and are continuing to monitor it. - That is why I'm confused w/ the continuing thread.

If you have further questions you can email me directly and I'd be happy to give you a call. Good talking to you again.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand
      0 Not allowed!

What I mean is, if you're not happy w/ the response or you have more questions, ask them in the ticket. Responding to the ticket with additional questions will be the fastest way for you to get support, not posting on WHT.

Just a suggestion. No need to respond to this.
    Hi Travis,

I posted on WHT to share my frustration of my servers being down for 7x hours with members here. I didn't expect nor did I ask for a response from liquidweb.

I can assure you, I have responded to the support ticket or called dedicated support directly when I was trying to get the issue resolved as fast as possible during the downtime.

No bashing here as I know liquidweb is trying to resolve this problem as fast as possible. I created this thread as an intention to share my frustration of my server (my business) being down for so many days. Not frustration of the support I received from liquidweb. You guys have been a great job keeping me updated with the status.
    Last edited by whitevitz; 05-06-2008 at 01:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by whitevitz View Post
    Hi Travis,

Not frustration of the support I received from liquidweb. You guys have been a great job keeping me updated with the status.

I'm very glad to hear that. Thank you
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Where are you?

I expereienced another 2 hours of downtime this morning.

But the websites seem to be working fine now.

thx
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Guys,

I have just canceled my servers from liquidweb.com

Basically, my servers were only working from May 6 - May 9 this month on liquidweb. So I had to moved to another web provider. I asked for refund for the remainder of this month along with the SLA to compensate with the downtime I had experienced.

They stated that it is against their TOS to refund the rest of the month for me and that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Are you kidding me? Websites were down from May 1 - May 5. No advertising revenue and 20% of my clients left me due to the downtime. Now no refund on roughly 1000 dollars.

I was still planning to get a server from LW as redundancy, but seems like I have to scratch this plan now. Completely unsatisfied experience at Liquidweb for May 2008.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Guys,

Basically, my servers were only working from May 6 - May 9 this month on liquidweb. So I had to moved to another web provider. I asked for refund for the remainder of this month along with the SLA to compensate with the downtime I had experienced.

They stated that it is against their TOS to refund the rest of the month for me and that really left a bad taste in my mouth. Are you kidding me? Websites were down from May 1 - May 5. No advertising revenue and 20% of my clients left me due to the downtime. Now no refund on roughly 1000 dollars.

I was still planning to get a server from LW as redundancy, but seems like I have to scratch this plan now. Completely unsatisfied experience at Liquidweb for May 2008.
    If you do move to another host, and you are getting attacked you are probably going to have the same problems as you did with LiquidWeb. Do you know what kind of attack you were getting? Was it an HTTP flood? Was it maxing out the port? These are some of the questions you should find out before you buy another server with another provider and have the same problems as if you are getting hit hard you might find you need to host with someone like Staminus or AwkNet.

I'd encourage you to seek more information from LiquidWeb about these attacks and let us all know so maybe we can suggest providers that might be able to help you.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh well, hopefully you'll be happier with your new server provider, sad to hear it went so bad with LiquidWeb.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Guys,

no suprise there. they are all promises.

had a similar experience with good sales and rubbish after sales.
    Damien
      0 Not allowed!

Originally Posted by whitevitz
    Hi Guys,

Quote Originally Posted by djorgensen View Post
    no suprise there. they are all promises.

had a similar experience with good sales and rubbish after sales.
    Sounds like they really don't care about there clients, I suggest go with another host (Softlayer is great) I have been there and no long downtimes I had only 1 our 2 downtime in almost 2 years they were less than 40 min (lucky it was at night/morning) but still got the refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by BudWay View Post
    Sounds like they really don't care about there clients, I suggest go with another host (Softlayer is great) I have been there and no long downtimes I had only 1 our 2 downtime in almost 2 years they were less than 40 min (lucky it was at night/morning) but still got the refund.
    It's really starting to look like that might actually be the case and I would not be suprised if they closed down in the next year. It seems like there has been some pretty high profile incidents brought up here. I hope they can turn things around.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyHost View Post
    I would not be suprised if they closed down in the next year.
    The speculation is getting a little out of hand, even for WHT.

I'm sorry that problems occurred with this customer. We care very deeply about our customers, I believe a more thorough search of WHT will demonstrate that.

Be sure to contact me next year when we'll be in our 12th year.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

It's really starting to look like that might actually be the case and I would not be suprised if they closed down in the next year.
    I highly doubt that....
    I'm sorry that problems occurred with this customer. We care very deeply about our customers, I believe a more thorough search of WHT will demonstrate that.
    I am disappointed in your somewhat ignorant response. If you really cared about your customers the way you claim to, you would have refunded the client for the rest of the month or at least for the downtime, considering he/she has been nothing but understanding with the issues it seems.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    I am disappointed in your somewhat ignorant response.
    Interesting choice of words. I'm sorry I disappointed you.
    Travis Stoliker
      0 Not allowed!

It's really starting to look like that might actually be the case and I would not be suprised if they closed down in the next year. It seems like there has been some pretty high profile incidents brought up here. I hope they can turn things around.
    Turn things around? Liquidweb is going quite strong and with a pretty good reputation. They won't be closing within the next year.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Salter View Post
    I highly doubt that....

I am disappointed in your somewhat ignorant response. If you really cared about your customers the way you claim to, you would have refunded the client for the rest of the month or at least for the downtime, considering he/she has been nothing but understanding with the issues it seems.
    I have been a customer of liquidweb for close to 2 years and I feel sad that it had to end this way.

I was left no choice to move my websites before my business completely falls apart.

I do not think the attack was directly to my servers.

I was really hoping they would refund the rest of the month to me since they should have understood my standpoint as a customer.

Oh well. I would still like to thx every liquidweb system administrators that have helped me in the past 2 years.
    Last edited by whitevitz; 05-09-2008 at 10:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12