Help me My site down with hostdepartment.com

Help me

I hosted many site with hostdepartment

I got many problem with hostdepartment server slow down many time. Site not open many time. I chat with their technical support they told me some problem in server due to some spam accounts. And they told me after 2 hour everything ok. Today i check mails then i seen i am not recive any mails in outlook. i check my site all site down and finally i check their sites they are also down i am freelancer and my all work with my all clients contact with me via emails i am in loss plz advice me what i do

Also sugges me gud and reliable hosting company for my sites

thx

You should backup all your files and leave, isn't it kind of obvious?

Then you should look in the offers section of the forums to find a webhost.

Good Idea, This to above post!

Best to Pack-up and Move elsewhere. Look for a reliable host, Not someone offering something that they cannot... Especially 18TB of Bandwidth

But yes look for some reliable host that will give you the support that you really need. I can recommend a website my own or a mate of mine who runs a mad service. Offering the best way he can. He is top notch and with the support that he gives me I am way over the moon...

Cheers,
    Hope you get a good host and they are realiable
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Thx but their site not open also ftp not working how i take backups ?????

Their own site not working i send mail to their customer support that is also bounce.

I have come across it, It could be anything I would suppose?
    Overload? Virus? Hack? - I really cannot answer that man!

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ri12ku2002 View Post
    Thx but their site not open also ftp not working how i take backups ?????

Their own site not working i send mail to their customer support that is also bounce.
    So you didn't do your own backup?... Good luck...

I would recommend doing a Backup a day.. Just in case no matter what the cirucmstance. You never know a site could vanish over night, It can happen. I do suggest to everyone keep a copy and do backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxair View Post
    I would recommend doing a Backup a day.. Just in case no matter what the cirucmstance. You never know a site could vanish over night, It can happen. I do suggest to everyone keep a copy and do backups.

Yes i take backup every 15 days but one of my site is article directory and recvie daly 200 to 500 article a days.

Any hostingdeparment memeber here plz reply what's wrong with your hosting ?

There can be so much change in a 15 day period. I am always updating my site and adding new articles and doing so much a day. This is not with my webhosting but another site I manage.

Backing up daily is the go, 15 days is your choice but you can lose so much.

I am not a hostingdepartment member, though I deal with Bluehost and they have been really great just sometimes it can get slow due to amount of people on the one IP

Hope you get this sorted m8

Sean

Hostdepartment.com is back online inc. support [viewing from UK]

So go back to them, do back ups, then do daily backups & decide if you want to move or stay.

Good Luck

The site is up but maybe the server where his site is hosted is still down...

Yes and now my sites are also up i take backup first.

Is this is normal that hosting company down for some time ?

Quote Originally Posted by hosteur View Post
    The site is up but maybe the server where his site is hosted is still down...
    Thats why he should 'go back to them' first, find out what the situation is, then do back ups ASAP, then ..............................

Sorry, Had to have a look at their site ... Truly do not like their layout. lol. I purely go on the service not generally the look but the service, price.

I just dont like that site though.. Sorry had to mention that.

So hurry take backup and see how you go.

Yes and now my sites are also up i take backup first.

Is this is normal that hosting company down for some time ?
    Every host can have downtimes ones in a while, but if it happens often or even frequently, no, that is not normal.

It all comes down how your host does inform you of an outage (if they at all do this) and work and update their customers of an issue at hand.

I know this does not help you now, but check with your host what was the reason, and look at your trackrecord with the host, if you are still unhappy move host, but be careful in selecting a good one.
    cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Ya this time i am selecting gud one
    Last edited by DxSEO; 05-03-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Host Department was my first web host. That was a mistake I will NEVER make again. Any company that claims to give unlimited everything and can't even consistently tell you how they're doing it should throw up a bunch of red flags.

Better luck next host, I've ended up with 2 self managed VPSes to get what I wanted out of hosting, hopefully you can settle for a shared hosting account somewhere reputable.
    --
    Alex Conner
    http://codatory.com

I am not sure which hosting company i choose ??/?/?

I am not sure which hosting company i choose ??/?/?
    it sounds easier as it is, but you have to find a company which fits your needs. One which has the business practice you feel comfortable with. One where you feel at home. There are thousands of hosts and i am sure there is one around which fits your needs.

To avoid to much troubles make sure you do not get in yearly plans, and prepare to pay a reasonable amount of money.

take your time to make the decision, and do ask some pre-sales questions to the host itself to see their responses.

Take care and I hope you find a host soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 040Hosting View Post
    it sounds easier as it is, but you have to find a company which fits your needs. One which has the business practice you feel comfortable with. One where you feel at home.
    Spot on

You can start by searching WHT & other forums, but that can prove confusing.
    You will generally get what you pay for, and as a 'newbie' it's prob. best to be cautious and stay with hosts that have been around a few years.

We appreciate that you feel unsafe with your recent experience, so want to move quickly, but don't rush straight into another problem.
    I think it's a case of Speed not Haste.

Out of interest was this 'outage' the only problem, or were there other issues with hostdepartment ?

thx for answering my questions.