how long does it take to transfer domain to name.com?

it have been couple days since i make the transfer request and pay for it. I still can't see my domain in their ugly and confusing control panel.

for those who have transfer domain to name.com. how long did you waited before it happen?

i gotta say name.com's control panel is confusing.

How long a transfer takes is most the time more depending on the loosing registrar than the gaining registrar.

Name.com isn't that fast with submitting the transfer request to the registry, but normally they do that around 1 hour after you confirmed the transfer.

To see the status of your transfer go to: https://www.name.com/batch-transfer/status.php

I quite like there control panel and think it's simple, but maybe for the first time use it can be confusing.

If you confirmed your transfer more than six days ago then contact there support to ask what's wrong.

Did the admin contact approved the transfer?
    Online power for online people!

A couple of days isn't usually enough, look for at least 7 days before you become worried.

I don't remember a domain transfer of mine which was completed in less than 5 days (multiple registrars).
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

Mine have been done in as little as 4 hours. But it depends on the losing registrar and if you've done the back-work to make your domains transfer ready: i.e. turned off the lock, got your pass code and are available to respond to all of the emails.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzem View Post
    I don't remember a domain transfer of mine which was completed in less than 5 days (multiple registrars).
    Time to look for some transfer-friendly registrars then.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

Quote Originally Posted by nameslave View Post
    Time to look for some transfer-friendly registrars then.
    I'm talking about Godaddy etc These were old days...
    Fraud Record - Stop Fraud Clients, Report Abusive Customers.
    █ Combine your efforts to fight misbehaving clients.

HarzemDesign - Highest quality, well designed and carefully coded hosting designs. Not cheap though.
    █ Large and awesome portfolio, just visit and see!

I agree with rony. Transfers take 7 days at transfer friendly Name.com.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2 View Post
    I agree with rony. Transfers take 7 days at transfer friendly Name.com.
    I'm not sure if name.com is exactly transfer friendly. I've transferred away from DomainSite (of the same company); they do NOT send out any acknowledgement email as the losing registrar, a.k.a. you have to wait like 5 days.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.

It's true you cannot expedite the transfer out at Name.com but that doesn't make them transfer unfriendly.
    Signature Under Construction.