LF: Colo or dedicated Servers with lots of IPs

I am looking for a colo center or a company to rent dedicated servers from with lots of IPs (about 20 class C blocks)

Please let me know if anyone can accomidate this

Thanks

SEO bs or spamming?

How many dedicated servers?

We do shared hosting, SEO and some legit mailing with no complaints. I would like to maybe start with 5-10 servers to test the service and build from there.

Over 5000 IP addresses for a quarter rack? You're joking, right?

You do realize that no RIR allows that sort of blatant waste of what is a very limited resource??
    --chuck goolsbee, Prineville, Oregon, USA
    Please note: I no longer work for digital.forest in Seattle, WA, as I left them in early 2010 to pursue an amazing opportunity at an amazing datacenter project elsewhere... I do not speak for digital.forest here. However I still know they provide the best colocation in the Pacific Northwest.

I am not asking for free IPs. I will gladly pay for them

It doens't matter if you're paying. All IPs still need to be justified. And 2 c-class Ips for a server is just a waste of IPs.

IP addresses(v4 for now) are very limited.
    Universal Hosts - Premium Web Hosting for non premium Prices
    Now providing Virtual Private Servers and Managed Dedicated Servers.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalforest View Post
    Over 5000 IP addresses for a quarter rack? You're joking, right?

You do realize that no RIR allows that sort of blatant waste of what is a very limited resource??
    Actually, ARIN encourages this behavior as a result of their policies for initial allocation: it is far easier to get an initial allocation if you are wasting several thousand IPs on things like SEO, SSL, and so on.

And once you have your IPs, there is absolutely nothing that says you cannot use a single IP per site, multiple IPs per site, etc. You are free to utilize your allocated IPs in any manner you see fit and that is remotely justifiable.

<rant>
    We actually had a hell of time getting our initial allocation, even though we had over 100,000 (it may have been 200K) sites hosted on 8 class Cs. You would have think we would have gotten some sort of medal for density. After all, if we were doing IP based hosting, we would have needed a /15, but we only wanted a /20. Nope, we had to resubmit our application 3 times and finally only got our initial allocation under the multi-homing policies.
    </rant>

Sad, but true.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

i'm sure ARIN wouldn't mind exhausting all of their IP4 space so they can charge higher rates for their super-duper-to-infinity IP6 space.

The pricing isn't any different for ipv4 or ipv6 allocations that I can see. Counting current ipv6 discounts... it's cheaper.

but, when ipv4 is gone, they are free to charge whatever they want for ipv6. that market should be regulated and opened up like FCC bandwidth, telecom and domain names

then the SEO's can put 1,000,000 IP's on a domain for $1 and not put a dent in the space

Ok... the average provider gives out a /64 per ipv6 connection... Unfortunately that's only 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 ips per customer. And what's worse, there's only 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 /64s available!

OMG arin will never make any money charging the same rate!

Oh wait... there's this theory called supply and demand.

i am saying they shouldn't be the "only" ones to make the cash.

i am glad that you understand supply and demand then. maybe lookup monopoly next.

Quote Originally Posted by ZL6net View Post
    i am saying they shouldn't be the "only" ones to make the cash.

i am glad that you understand supply and demand then. maybe lookup monopoly next.
    ARIN is a non-profit organization. They do not exist to "make the cash". They charge enough to do their job, and that's it.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

I can answer your questions. Feel free to send me an email.

Well, as long as you plan to actually use them all well, it could be done, but I think you're asking for too many IPs, when you might be able to make due with less.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions