Looking for a FAST VPS.

Hello

I am looking for a VPS. It has to be FAST, I will be running all my sites in it but the most important is a Wordpress blog and I want it to load very fast. I want the VPS to handle a lot of users online at the same time.

What I want:
    Fast VPS (I don't know what specs., I am new at this)
    Fast Connection
    Uptime- You must provide a really good uptime.
    Support- Fast Support, I am still learning how to manage a VPS so if is managed, then good.
    CP- I am good with LxAdmin but if it comes with Cpanel then good (Please, include it in the price)

Budget: Post your offers but don't go too high, I really want a good VPS. I will be hosting: moviegalaxy.org

Also, please post a Test File link so I can test the speed. Thanks
    Last edited by iJemuel; 05-01-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Unfortunately there are two slight problems with your request. The first is that all requests for offers must be made in the "Paid Hosting Requests" area, and the second is that hosting providers are not allowed to make offers outside of that area.

If you want recommendations then you are in the right place, but since you are asking for offers you would do well to post in the other forum.

Hope that helps and that you find what you are looking for.

Jim
    Blue Room Hosting - High availability UK VPS
    KVM Plans - Multiple OS support. Virtual console and CD drive.

Yep,

You will need to go on the offer section. There's a lot of options around, you just got to know what you need as far as virtualization technology and specs.

Fast VPS
    >> How many GB harddrive, bandwidth? -> That information might be better in helping you find a deal.
    Kody R.
    Sr. Operations Analyst
    100TB.com -> Awesome dedicated servers. 20 locations & lots of bandwidth
    VPS.NET -> Cloud Hosting. 18 Locations. Check out our website!

ok, then can you guys give me recommendations to what I need? For get about the offer, just give me recommendations.

I don't need too much space, maybe 10 gigs and bandwidth over 200 gigs, but what about RAM and CPU? WHat do you guys recommend?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechGuyBoy View Post
    I don't need too much space, maybe 10 gigs and bandwidth over 200 gigs, but what about RAM and CPU? WHat do you guys recommend?

Thanks
    It would help if you can specify a budget.

Also do you have any preference of data center location?

The kind of VPS you're looking for starts around $50/mo fully managed with control panel.

This post should be moved immediately to the request forum. Where are the MODs?

Quote Originally Posted by VPSProvider View Post
    This post should be moved immediately to the request forum. Where are the MODs?
    Click the report button - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=5089970

Check the offers forum, there are a few.

Keep in mind when you want a 'fast' vps you want low latency, not high bandwidth. ie. low ping time.
    VPSVille.com
    Toronto, London, Dallas, Los Angeles
    Quality VPS hosting on Premium bandwidth

As long as you have a decent budget ($30+), you should be able to find a VPS with cPanel that will fit in with your requirements.

But I want the MySQL request to be fast and for my Wordpress blog to load fast, so waht must the VPS have? How much RAm? CPU?

Go for a 512MB VPS, if you think its not enough upgrade it to 1024 easy as that!

But what about the connection? and the MySQL connections?

How many GB harddrive, bandwidth , Sharing Cpu?

That information might be better in helping you find a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by J4vad View Post
    How many GB harddrive, bandwidth , Sharing Cpu?

That information might be better in helping you find a deal.
    This is what I would like to know.

Disk Space : Depends on the sites you have, 10GB would be good to start off.

RAM : 512 MB / 1024 MB

Bandwidth : Again this depends on your sites. 200-300 GB should be more than sufficient for most.

You didn't tell us your budget so it's hard to give out exact specifications so as to say.

I got the following plan from STeadcom:

512 MB Guaranteed RAM
    1024 MB Burstable RAM
    20 GB Disk Space
    700 GB of Premium Bandwidth

HyperVM VPS PowerPanel
    3 IP Addresses
    Choice of Operating System
    $26.97

WHat do you think?

Make sure you pay attention to how much CPU you get with your VPS. CPU is a big factor for popular Wordpress blogs.

HyperVM VPS's can sometimes be quite slow depending on how the CPU is sliced up. You definately want a large plan on a HyperVM system to get more CPU cycles.
    VPSVille.com

It's fast and the download speed too.

Quote Originally Posted by vpsville View Post
    HyperVM VPS's can sometimes be quite slow depending on how the CPU is sliced up. You definately want a large plan on a HyperVM system to get more CPU cycles.
    vpsville,

hyperVM has nothing to do with cpu cycles, thats all in xen or openvz

There should be more of a concern to learn between OpenVz (virtuozzo) and Xen, than the actual Control Panel, as they all do the same, restart, redo OS, backups, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by carlostabs View Post
    vpsville,

hyperVM has nothing to do with cpu cycles, thats all in xen or openvz

they all do the same, restart, redo OS, backups, etc.
    HyperVM is used to provision VPS's as well is it not? My understanding was that it handled the OpenVZ/Xen settings for the provider. I realize there is also a client interface that controls things like stops and starts.

I only used it for a few minutes so I'm no expert on the subject. Perhaps someone who uses hypervm to provision vps's can chime in on the subject.
    VPSVille.com

HyperVM is used to provision VPS's as well is it not? My understanding was that it handled the OpenVZ/Xen settings for the provider. I realize there is also a client interface that controls things like stops and starts.

I only used it for a few minutes so I'm no expert on the subject. Perhaps someone who uses hypervm to provision vps's can chime in on the subject.

you are basically right, but hypervm just manages what openvz and zen are capable of, it has no bearing on the performance.
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

Erm, Thanks for the morning advice

Who really told you that, I would love to know

Hello

I really don't want to start a new thread so I'll just add it here,

I am looking for a VPS provider that can Host: moviegalaxy.org
    What VPS provider do you recommend that can host my site?

Thanks

TechGuy,

How many hits/visits are you getting per day? Also, how much bandwidth are you currently using?.

Give me some info in regards to if you need a control panel, cpanel, or DA?.

How many mySQL db are you running?

We need a little more detail.

EDIT: I just noticed you're linking to videos/warez. I would think you're going to have a hard-time finding a flexible enough host with these.

Visits -->2-4K, it depends. Bandwidth, I really don't know since I have chnaged a lot of hosts lately, but I know I ahve used over 30 gigs.

Space:10 GIG HDD
    Bandwidth: 100 Gig +
    Ram: 512 Dedicated Burst.: As much as you can.
    CP: Lxadmin/Direct Admin/Webmin
    MySQL: Right now I am using 2, but I will need more in the future.

If you need anything else, please let me know.

Right now, I am looking at http://www.3dgwebhosting.com/vps.html, are they good? I saw a good review, but what else is good?

Thanks
    Last edited by iJemuel; 05-12-2008 at 10:08 PM.

I haven't heard much about them myself.

You're not too concerned about the content? In my book it breaks many AUP and TOS.

Not sure if 'linking' is as illegal as hosting the videos.

Right now I am being hosted in an Off-Shore Shared Account but I really want to move. If anyone off-shore can host it, then please let me know or recommend me someone.

Thanks

VPS Speed will be depend on your load of memory, application, and speed, RAM
    ||| JFOC Network Solution - Affordable Web Hosting
    ||| Web Site: http://www.jfoc.net
    ||| Retelling Story - Share Your Story, anything
    ||| Web Site: http://www.rtstory.com

Try one from http://kevworks.net/, its super phast for me !!

check it out yourself : <<snip>>

I hit 660KBPS downloads there and from dallas texas downloads @ 8 to 9 MB/s

Plus about support, kev himself is knowledgeable person and can help trouble shoot your issues.

As per uptime not setup one , but got this going : <<snip>>

Now feel free to setup monitoring for that domain

Cheers
    Last edited by Chris_M; 05-13-2008 at 11:31 AM. Reason: oogaa boogaa gods i always get their sites url wrong !

Any other VPS providers that could host MovieGalaxy.org?

Thanks

If your looking to host higher traffic sites, look towards Xen rather than OpenVZ. Generally Xen handles better under load.

I doubt you will find many hosts wanting to host your Warez site however..

Well, I do get traffic but the only thing I will be hosting is my Wordpress Database and a Forum that will open up soon. Al the images are hosted in another place so this is why I don't use a lot of bandwidth (Around 20-25 gigs a month)

What Xen providers do you recommend that can host moviegalaxy.org? I will now look for some of them in the Offer Section but I would like someone to recommend me one.
    Thanks