Anyone try VPS Media?

Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else here uses or has used VPS Media?

I have been with them since Monday and running a Counter-Strike server. So far my experience has been positive. My VPS was up and running within minutes of signing up and they were not hesitant to help me prepare it for CS server.

Now I'm thinking about buying another VPS from them for a web server but I cant decide which distro to pick. I'm familiar with CentOS, is Debian or Fedora much different for running a web server?

So, does anyone else have any experience with them?

Thanks,

Roo.

Thanks for the words Roo, just pulled up your account didn't recognize your nick name!

Hey its great to hear you're enjoying your vps and using it to its full extent. Don't hesitate to contact us if you run into any issues, you know we're on the chat until late at night

Remember you still qualify for the special you initially signed up for, check the WHT's offer forum, since I can't talk about it on posts

enjoy!

Debian would be a great choice for running a CS server. We had setup one of our Entry VPS (384MB RAM) for a client with Debian minimal, and the srcds install took only like 11mb of RAM when it was running with no players connected to the server.

I gave debian a try last night and I gotta say it was rock solid and still gives me a bunch of memory to work with. srcds install went smoothly and ran clean. I only had 3 people on it (plus a couple bots, hehe) and mem. usage was barely over 50% on my 256 VPS. I've actually upgraded to the 1024 they offer, as it will eventually have a lot more than 5 people at a time.

So I went and installed debian last night and I gotta say it was rock solid and still gives me a bunch of memory to work with. srcds install went smoothly and ran clean. I only had 3 people on it (plus a couple bots, hehe) and mem. usage was barely over 70% on my 256 VPS. I've actually upgraded to the 1024 they offer, as it will eventually have a lot more than 5 people at a time.

Roo,

We're so glad your doing great with your VPS!, its good to see that our product can handle whatever you throw at them!

You gotta try UT3 server on it! give us feedback!

A gameserver on a VPS. I doubt it runs fast/stable
    Sven Wiese, CEO
    Data Center Solutions by Trabia
    Virtual Dedicated Server; Dedicated Server; Colocation; Remote DDoS Protection
    www.trabia.com

You'd be surprised.