FTP between servers?

Does anyone know of an FTP client that lets you transfer files directly between one server and another (to avoid downloading/uploading)? Preferably that runs on Linux!
    Julian Moss
    Tech-Pro.net

for windows you could use flashFXP or for linux i think theres one called profxp

If you just want to transfer files you could also try scp command for Linux and WinSCP for Windows. Runs on SSH protocol.
    <<please see forum rules for signature formatting guidelines>>

winscp ...
    Sam
    Supportlobby.com - Expertise in Windows/Linux server support, IaaS and PaaS Management
    Spiralbean.com - Custom Software Development
    Email: exec @ activelobby.net | Skype: unni_active

Lightbulb ftp client for linux

Quote Originally Posted by activelobby4u View Post
    winscp ...

winscp doesn't run on linux

Two good ftp clients on linux are ncftp or yafc depending on your taste, and GNU MC if you want something with menus.

Thanks, guys. Once I learned that I needed to look for "FXP" I found quite a few candidates, and even discovered I already had one installed - gFTP.

I can connect to two servers, but when I try to drag a file from one to the other it freezes at the PORT command. I then find that I have no Internet connectivity at all from my entire network, and have to reboot the router!! (The SMC 7904VoWBRA is a piece of junk.)

I guess I'll just have to give this idea up.
    Julian Moss
    Tech-Pro.net

If you have shell access to the two servers, you can connect from one server to other using ftp and upload/download directly from one to other using ftp commands such as get,put,mget,mput etc.
    David | www.cliffsupport.com
    Affordable Server Management Solutions sales AT cliffsupport DOT com
    CliffWebManager | Access WHM from iPhone and Android

Quote Originally Posted by tech-pro View Post
    Thanks, guys. Once I learned that I needed to look for "FXP" I found quite a few candidates, and even discovered I already had one installed - gFTP.

I can connect to two servers, but when I try to drag a file from one to the other it freezes at the PORT command. I then find that I have no Internet connectivity at all from my entire network, and have to reboot the router!! (The SMC 7904VoWBRA is a piece of junk.)

I guess I'll just have to give this idea up.
    Actually, do you have root on both machines? I'm sure it's just a matter of changing a couple settings on each to enable FXPing ability...

pls explain elaborately I want to also move sites from old to new sites on cpanel